Contribute
Register

Help in perfecting hackintosh on a Lenovo Ideapad Z500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad Z500
CPU
Intel Core i7 3632QM
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 + Nvidia GeForce GT740 M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Last month I succeeded in getting a hackintosh up and running alongside Windows 10 on my Lenovo Ideapad Z500. I'm currently running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Windows 10 on a single hard drive. I had to try a lot of trial and error methods to get most of the laptop working in macOS.

My laptop has an Intel Core i7 3632QM, Realtek RTL8105E (that's what it says in DPCIManager), Atheros AR9485, Realtek ALC269VC, Elan trackpad hardware revision 4, BIOS unmodded v1.21 (71CN51WW, if that helps).

I had to scour very unsavoury parts of the internet (OK, thats a wee bit exaggeration but those sites were not like the tonymacx86 forum) to get the laptop in a reasonably working condition.

I've seen RehabMan making guides on various laptops including Lenovo Ideapad Y510P, U-Series, Z50-Z40 but not the Z500.
I'm frustrated by the lack of a helpful guide on this great laptop and I'm requesting the members of tonymacx86 especially RehabMan to help me with this.

As I said earlier, I'm running 10.12.6 with full QE/CI (at least going by all the tests for this mentioned all over the internet), great quality audio (I used Layout id=3, if that helps), perfectly working Wi-Fi on my AR9485 (perfect as far as my usage is concerned), trackpad and keyboard from a shady place over at osxaltitude.

I have spotty coverage of the keyboard (not all keys work), not sure if RehabMan's battery status indicator is reporting accurate status but it's there, not sure if power management is rightfully implemented (I do get x86Platform...Success or some message during booting in verbose mode), not sure if USB 3.0 ports are working at the right speeds (they do however function), brightness not working even after religiously following guides on them. I don't really care for the Bluetooth as I never use it. Nvidia GeForce GT740M disabled via boot arguments as I don't think I'll need that for what I intend to do with macOS. Phew!! I think I touched all bases but please tell me if I missed something.

Please help me with this endeavour and let there be a guide for Ideapad Z500 for all those who'll want to get a hackintosh running on their machines.

I'd very happy to oblige by posting my EFI files, config, DSDT-SSDT (patched and native) files, kexts.

Hello,

Last month I succeeded in getting a hackintosh up and running alongside Windows 10 on my Lenovo Ideapad Z500. I'm currently running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Windows 10 on a single hard drive. I had to try a lot of trial and error methods to get most of the laptop working in macOS.

My laptop has an Intel Core i7 3632QM, Realtek RTL8105E (that's what it says in DPCIManager), Atheros AR9485, Realtek ALC269VC, Elan trackpad hardware revision 4, BIOS unmodded v1.21 (71CN51WW, if that helps).

I had to scour very unsavoury parts of the internet (OK, thats a wee bit exaggeration but those sites were not like the tonymacx86 forum) to get the laptop in a reasonably working condition.

I've seen RehabMan making guides on various laptops including Lenovo Ideapad Y510P, U-Series, Z50-Z40 but not the Z500.
I'm frustrated by the lack of a helpful guide on this great laptop and I'm requesting the members of tonymacx86 especially RehabMan to help me with this.

As I said earlier, I'm running 10.12.6 with full QE/CI (at least going by all the tests for this mentioned all over the internet), great quality audio (I used Layout id=3, if that helps), perfectly working Wi-Fi on my AR9485 (perfect as far as my usage is concerned), trackpad and keyboard from a shady place over at osxaltitude.

I have spotty coverage of the keyboard (not all keys work), not sure if RehabMan's battery status indicator is reporting accurate status but it's there, not sure if power management is rightfully implemented (I do get x86Platform...Success or some message during booting in verbose mode), not sure if USB 3.0 ports are working at the right speeds (they do however function), brightness not working even after religiously following guides on them. I don't really care for the Bluetooth as I never use it. Nvidia GeForce GT740M disabled via boot arguments as I don't think I'll need that for what I intend to do with macOS. Phew!! I think I touched all bases but please tell me if I missed something.

Please help me with this endeavour and let there be a guide for Ideapad Z500 for all those who'll want to get a hackintosh running on their machines.

I'd very happy to oblige by posting my EFI files, config, DSDT-SSDT (patched and native) files, kexts.

What is the issue?

Hello RehabMan,

The thing is that I read all the necessary guides for getting a hackintosh running on a laptop and I've a barely functioning hackintosh. I can carry on working on it but it'd be better if I could iron out the smaller issues such as brightness, keyboard mapping, HDMI port not working, etc..

If I were to list out the issues, though:
-> Brightness doesn't work. I have read through both the routes for getting it to work (ACPIBacklight, IntelBacklight and the AppleBacklightInjector methods) and tried it all on multiple installations.

->First I used VoodooPS2Controller kexts and daemons but I have an ELAN touchpad. I'm now using the kext patched by
EMlyDinEsH so that I can use multi-finger scrolling but there's no System Preferences Pane for trackpad and some of the keys on keyboard do not work.

->HDMI port doesn't work which I found out today as I don't normally use that.

->I used a patched AirPortAtheros40 kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards/page-18 and my AR9485 is working just fine. It just saved me from buying a PCIe WiFi card. Is there anything I missing here?

-> While booting the hackintosh, I see an error message, ACPIBatteryManager: error: capacity read zero (0) and don't know if the ACPIBatteryManager kext is reporting the accurate battery status.

I was just thinking if it was possible for you to make a guide for the Lenovo Ideapad Z500, because I was just looking through your code for installing all kexts in one shell script for the Lenovo Z50 as well as the Ideapad U-Series laptops and Z500 isn't much different from those.

Hello RehabMan,

The thing is that I read all the necessary guides for getting a hackintosh running on a laptop and I've a barely functioning hackintosh. I can carry on working on it but it'd be better if I could iron out the smaller issues such as brightness, keyboard mapping, HDMI port not working, etc..

If I were to list out the issues, though:
-> Brightness doesn't work. I have read through both the routes for getting it to work (ACPIBacklight, IntelBacklight and the AppleBacklightInjector methods) and tried it all on multiple installations.

->First I used VoodooPS2Controller kexts and daemons but I have an ELAN touchpad. I'm now using the kext patched by
EMlyDinEsH so that I can use multi-finger scrolling but there's no System Preferences Pane for trackpad and some of the keys on keyboard do not work.

->HDMI port doesn't work which I found out today as I don't normally use that.

->I used a patched AirPortAtheros40 kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards/page-18 and my AR9485 is working just fine. It just saved me from buying a PCIe WiFi card. Is there anything I missing here?

-> While booting the hackintosh, I see an error message, ACPIBatteryManager: error: capacity read zero (0) and don't know if the ACPIBatteryManager kext is reporting the accurate battery status.

I was just thinking if it was possible for you to make a guide for the Lenovo Ideapad Z500, because I was just looking through your code for installing all kexts in one shell script for the Lenovo Z50 as well as the Ideapad U-Series laptops and Z500 isn't much different from those.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Please find the attached files. Some commands did not produce outputs though.

Attachments

• files.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 245
Please find the attached files. Some commands did not produce outputs though.

Problems:
- your profile is clearly inaccurate/wrong. It shows only GT 740. But ioreg clearly shows Intel HD4000. Please fix as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
- backlight control not implemented correctly. Read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
- it is possible your HDMI port is connected directly to the Nvidia graphics controller. Check in Windows. If so, you will need to do some research on how to enable the Nvidia.

Your ioreg shows battery status working.

Thank You for the clarifications.

That was the first method I followed. I'm positively sure I followed the guide until the Customisation section. Didn't work.
I remember trying to change the brightness using the slider in Display Preferences somehow disabled the in-built microphone.
When I restarted, microphone worked as before, still brightness couldn't be changed.

That was the first method I followed. I'm positively sure I followed the guide

You did not follow that guide.
Read it again. Follow it carefully.

I'll admit I tried the method once and it didn't seem to work and I re-installed macOS later. I've now followed the guide again till the Customisation section. I've checked the DSDT for brightness patch - I couldn't find it added to the file. The Clover's AddPNLF_1000000 is unchecked (You can verify as I've yet again attached the files after trying). The difference is that there's no brightness slider in Display Preferences. Please help.

Attachments

• files.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back