Contribute
Register

HELP HELP HELP! 10.9.4 wont boot after multibeast 6.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what is the make and model number of your monitor? The only flaw that I can see as your MultiBeast settings are correct and your BIOS is set correctly is that you are only operating on 1 stick of Ram when your motherboard operates in dual channel. Reason I mention it is because I haven't seen a Kernel Panic using safe mode after applying those settings both from MultiBeast and BIOS.

Just a quick point regarding using 1 stick of ram. This is a bad idea. Your baord has a dual channel controller and is meant to run in dual channel mode to get optimum performance. I have had several users on my NUC thread tried to run with a single memory stick and it caused them no end of issues including lockups, freezes, kernel panics, graphics issues, all manner of problems really. Once they added the second stick of identical ram, they got things sorted out pretty quickly.

Hackentoshe, I would highly recommend you get a second stick of ram, exactly the same as your existing one, or a brand new pair of ram sticks. Even if you were lucky enough to get it working with a single stick, your performance will be poor.

i did everything and reformatted and reinstalled 13 times

The is no reason with those settings that it shouldn't boot by itself and run OS X. It has on many other systems. Final suggestion, is it possible for you to try another HDMI cable, do not boot in verbose and take a picture of the Kernel Panic and post it here. Other that I'm out of ideas and not ruling out a hardware problem.

Just a quick point regarding using 1 stick of ram. This is a bad idea. Your baord has a dual channel controller and is meant to run in dual channel mode to get optimum performance. I have had several users on my NUC thread tried to run with a single memory stick and it caused them no end of issues including lockups, freezes, kernel panics, graphics issues, all manner of problems really. Once they added the second stick of identical ram, they got things sorted out pretty quickly.

Hackentoshe, I would highly recommend you get a second stick of ram, exactly the same as your existing one, or a brand new pair of ram sticks. Even if you were lucky enough to get it working with a single stick, your performance will be poor.

Thanks WonkeyDonkey. Thats why I mentioned it. It is the only reason that I can see here that could be causing the issue. Exactly like a hardware problem.

Thanks WonkeyDonkey. Thats why I mentioned it. It is the only reason that I can see here that could be causing the issue. Exactly like a hardware problem.

Yep, very much so. Your suggestion regarding the HDMI cable is also a good one.

All this new technology we use is great when we just plug everything in and it just works, but the simplest detail can cause it to fall over. HDMI cables are not all the same quality; Ive seen some very poor quality ones that didnt work to their advertised standard. I would suggest if Hackentoshe has a DVI cable available to test out with that. At least that way he can rule out a possible cable issue. While differering standards of DVI cable also exist, they all carry 1920x1080 or better signal; Ive always found them far less trouble-some.

thanks guys, your help is greatly appriciated. in fact, im ordering the second stick of ram and a dvi cable right now. heres a link to the hdmi cable i bought:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882021128
if that is a bad hdmi cable please tell me.
Thanks!

This is the Top Critical Review of the HDMI cable you bought,

This cable did not work for me, but if I jiggled the connectors, it would work for a while. When I swapped the cable with one from a different manufacturer everything worked fine. I would NOT recommend this cable.

Remember when you are installing the 2nd stick of ram to power down the system and unplug it until all the lights on the motherboard go out. Ram is very sensitive.

thanks wildwillow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back