Contribute
Register

[Help!] GTX 660Ti cause NVDA OpenGL Channel exception! Watchdog Timeout Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i think i've fixed it. Here's what i did.

1. Used EFI string to enable the onboard HD4000 graphics. I have my Cinema Display connected via DisplayPort to the GTX 660Ti and a 22" LCD connected via DVI to the onboard graphics
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled FCPX.

Effects are now rendering without problems. Nice side effect of enabling the onboard graphics with the 660Ti is i don't have that strange square artifact on the login screen anymore.

I also edited AppleGraphicsPowerManagement to add in pstates for the 660Ti to the iMac12,2 section. Now i don't get the AGPM Unknown Platform error in the log (at least not for the 660Ti). I still get that console message for the HD4000 but when i tried a similar edit to add it in for the HD4000, i got a KP so i backed in out.

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
Can you share with us the steps you took to enable HD4000 by EFI string?

I followed the instructions here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html

However, even though FCPX is working, my son tried to play Harry Potter and a few seconds into the game, the entire screen was corrupted with artifacts (small squares blinking purple and green), the system crashed, and I was unable to boot the system. I had to reinstalled ML and even then was getting lots of graphics artifacts. I booted into Windows and ran FurMark to stress test the card. Within a few minutes, once the GPU temps rose, the card crashed hard. It looks like the card is defective. I'm RMA'ing the card as its defective.

@rcork
if u use iMac12.2 and edit the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement without enable HD4000 it will fix the issues with FCPX ??? or must the HD4000 be enable ? cuz it seems just AGPM issue.......

did u try some games in windows ??

I've tried to modify my AGPM, however, it seems make no difference.
Sometimes FCPX rendering still got failed. (and sometime successful rendering without any issue, weird!)

OpenCL fix has no effect. Same problem (as expected since it appears to be an OpenGL problem, not OpenCL)

just update ur FCP to latest version that supports mountain lion.. u wont be getting any errors or hang.

have a look at this link ..

http://roaringapps.com/

Do you think the 660TI will ever work with final cut pro? It's important for me.. in the next days I will buy my hackingtosh and I just found this trouble with this card..

is it a matter of time to fix this? and find the right work around?

FCPX and Maya 2013 no problems here. I took the 660ti back for (2) GT640's. I can deal with a slight loss in performance but knowing all applications work and OpenCL works OOB!!

Here are my Benchmarks and HWsensor readings with the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and GT640:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt-33.html#post430902

Nice to hear! and thx for the advice.. it's beter to have a slight loss in performance than trouble all along the way with software, openCL and openGL.
I'm new at the world of GPU's, but if you have 2x gt640's placed, do you have a performance boost, even if you only use 1 display? how big is the performance boost?

thx for the help!

Nice to hear! and thx for the advice.. it's beter to have a slight loss in performance than trouble all along the way with software, openCL and openGL.
I'm new at the world of GPU's, but if you have 2x gt640's placed, do you have a performance boost, even if you only use 1 display? how big is the performance boost?

thx for the help!

Only 1 in place I bought 2 for two different systems. Those Benchmarks are for only 1 card installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back