Contribute
Register

Help for Setting Up USB on GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modifies the content Include renamed pegp->gfx0,ehcx->eh0x,xhc1->xhc,GFX0._ADR to Zero, ADD Usb3.0,fixed mchc、lpc、smbus....

EHCx devices have NOT been renamed in the DSDT.
There's no point in renaming _OSI to XOSI if there's no SSDT to implement the XOSI method.
That patch should be disabled in the config.plist (it was a mistake in my config.plist).

EHCx devices have NOT been renamed in the DSDT.
There's no point in renaming _OSI to XOSI if there's no SSDT to implement the XOSI method.
That patch should be disabled in the config.plist (it was a mistake in my config.plist).
You are right! It's my mistake.Thank u

Sorry for no response from me, but I've decided to stop hacking for the time being as I have worries about the stability of my system and I can't afford anymore time on trying to tie-up the loose ends. Thanks guys for trying to help me, I'll most probably update my hardware to a Mac a little down the track. Till then thanks all for this great forum and all your help.:clap:

Sorry for no response from me, but I've decided to stop hacking for the time being as I have worries about the stability of my system and I can't afford anymore time on trying to tie-up the loose ends. Thanks guys for trying to help me, I'll most probably update my hardware to a Mac a little down the track. Till then thanks all for this great forum and all your help.:clap:

Hi @macnb and @ksong plus any others who were following this thread.
Well I've done an about face :oops:, I'm back on my hack, after fixing my SSD drive from non-booting (missing iNodes or something like that) by using my TimeMachine restore (I backup very regularly!). My USB's are working, except for 1 USB3, but I'll wait for my 2 USB3 breakout header to arrive from the slow boat from China before I tackle further.

Why the change of heart? Well MS Windows 10 just does not hack it when it comes to HiDPI (retina), they are getting better, but most of my development apps eg XMOS or anything using Java just look plain awful on my two 4K monitors, plus I feel a lot more comfortable on macOS as it's based on Unix and I cut my teeth on Unix many years ago. macOS has just got HiDPI right.

Anyway this is getting off topic on my own thread, so I'll post back here when I get my USB more sorted, so stay tuned.

Hi all, I'm back trying to get all of my USB2 & USB3 ports working in HS 10.13.2 (17C88).

My motherboard has 10 x USB2 & 4 USB3 ports. It's as per my signature a GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP. All ports work in MS W10.

I'm following rehabMan guide Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I have in my /L/E the following files (Ones required in Red):

Code:
iMac:Extensions jb$ tree -L 1
├── ACPIMonitor.kext
├── ACS6x.kext
├── APExtFramebuffer.kext
├── ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
├── ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
├── ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
├── AirParrotDriver.kext
├── ArcMSR.kext
├── CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
├── EnergyDriver.kext
├── FakePCIID.kext
├── FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
├── FakeSMC.kext
├── HighPointIOP.kext
├── HighPointRR.kext
├── ITEIT87x.kext
├── IntelCPUMonitor.kext
├── LogiMgrDriver.kext
├── PromiseSTEX.kext
├── RadeonMonitor.kext
├── SoftRAID.kext
├── SteamInput.kext
├── TruStudioPCUSBAudioPlugin.kext
├── USBInjectAll.kext
└── mark.kext

In preparation for port discovery, I have in my Config.plist the following patches:
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 4.41.04 pm.png
In the README.md file in RehabMan git hub it says:
XHC, 7-series chipset (8086:1e31): 4-USB2 ports HS01-HS04, 4-USB3 ports SSP5-SSP8.
This is where I'm getting very confused as my Mobo has 10 x USB2 ports & 4 USB3 ports. I have checked that it is a a 7-series chipset (8086:1e31). I'm getting the following in IORegistryExplorer for XPC, EH01 & EH02:
XHC
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 5.07.25 pm.png
EH01
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 5.08.47 pm.png
EH02
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 5.09.07 pm.png

What do I have to do to get all the USB2 ports to display as I'm only getting the first 4?

Do I have to modify the Info.plist in the USBInjectAll.kext, and if so which parts?

Hopefully @macnb or @ksong or even the man himself, @RehabMan could help me.

I'm hoping to after port discovery by using a USB2 & 3 stick in each of the physical ports to go on and create a custom SSDT.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 227
  • USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 57
HI,jb007
XHC =4 USB3 ports,If u plug usb2.0 in,it under hs01-04,plug usb3.0 in ,under ssp5-8

This is where I'm getting very confused as my Mobo has 10 x USB2 ports & 4 USB3 ports.
What do I have to do to get all the USB2 ports to display as I'm only getting the first 4?
XHC looks correct.
EH0x does not.

You have 10 physical USB2 ports but they will be distributed on internal hubs.
E.g On EH01, you might have 1 port + 1 HUB with 4 ports = 5. Or just one HUB with 5 ports. Similarly on EH02.
But the pictures above show no ports or hubs under EH01 or 02.
It's as if USBInjectall kext is not loaded as no ports/hubs are picked up.

In my case, I see:
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 15.49.46.png

That is, there's a HUB @1d100000 with 8 ports.

While ioregistryexplorer app is running, what happens when you insert a USB2 device into a USB2 port ?

Post your ioreg file.

Last edited:
Ok @macnb and @ksong, thanks for you replies :clap:, I've been looking at this and its very interesting.

I'll make this brief, as I think the IOReg files will speak for themselves. I'm getting USB2 on a ports called HP11-HP18 that the USB2 stick shows up on not PRT1,2,etc

I've installed today prior to testing the very latest FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext (both v1.3.11) & USBInjectAll.kext (v0.6.4).
Has something changed in these files to start calling them HPxx instead of PRTxx?? Got me very very confused (very easy to do though!).

I await for further help, but I guess the timezone is a problem as I'm not sure where you are situated.

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 11.51.36 am.png

Attachments

• jb007_IORegFiles.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Oh, nearly forgot... I checked my BIOS settings and here are some screen shots, I'm sure everything is ok, but you never know!
180105232510.jpg 180105232525.jpg 180105232947.jpg 180105233145.jpg 180105233735.jpg

Hi @macnb. I've had a look at the Info.plist inside USBInjectAll.kext and it seems that it's picking up the HPxx ports from the 8086_a2af chipset not mine which should be 8086_1e31... see screen grab.

Maybe a bug introduced with the latest versions of FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext (both v1.3.11) & USBInjectAll.kext (v0.6.4)? But this still doesn't fix my problem with USB... I'll revert back to an earlier version of the Fakexxx kext's and see what is going on.

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 12.39.08 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back