Contribute
Register

Help for Setting Up USB on GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @macnb, I think it's working now? I've reverted back to all the kext's in Multibeast 10.2. which are using netkas/rehabman branches of FakeSMC.
I was using the slice version, as I was using the hardware monitoring app that now can monitor the GPU temp of the RX 580. GPU Temp is no longer showing, but I guess in time the netkas version will.

The following screen shots show whats happening now when I insert/remove a USB2 in two different ports:
Prior to USB2 Insertion.png 1st USB2.png 2nd USB2.png

I'm still confused over the naming used, which appears different to your example... mine is using HPxx (hub ports?) and PRxx (USB ports?) is this because your example is what it looks like after you have done port discovery and then mapped it using your kext or SSDT?

I gather if mine is is ok now, then I can continue on to?:
  1. Start port discovery
  2. Creation of either a SSDT or use a modified version of your GA-Z77X_USB.kext
  3. Remove USBInjectAll.kext
  4. Test USB2 & USB3
Celebrate? Thanks for your help... I think I'll go for a snooze on the couch.... my head hurts!

Edit. Forgot to attach IOReg file!

Attachments

• jb007_ioregs.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Eureka, I think I've got it! I had some time today to do the port discovery and have worked out the following with USBInjectAll, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakePCIID kexts' injected in /L/E:

My Mobo (GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP) has 10 USB2/1.1 ports, and has 4 USB3 ports

The 10 USB2 ports:
  • EH01 has 1 x 6 Port hub that connect ports HP12,HP14,HP15,HP16,HP17,HP18
    and 2 direct ports connected to PRT1 & PRT2
  • EH02 has 1 x 2 Port hub
The 4 USB3 ports:
  • SSP5 maps to PRT1
  • SSP6 maps to HP12
  • SSP7 maps to PRT3
  • SSP8 maps to HP14
Tomorrow, time permitting I'll have a crack using RehabMan's guide to creating a SSDT and if it all works, then I'll post the SSDT here for others to use.

EHCx devices have NOT been renamed in the DSDT.
There's no point in renaming _OSI to XOSI if there's no SSDT to implement the XOSI method.
That patch should be disabled in the config.plist (it was a mistake in my config.plist).

Hi @macnb, I have removed the _OSI to XOSI from my config.plist, I gather it shouldn't be used as I have no SSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back