Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wondering if someone can answer my question. My question is if the EVGA GTX 680 Classified is compatible with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (Note. I have Mountain Lion running on HD4000GFX), I've read 4GB cards aren't supported. I am running 3 Displays at 1080p, so the extra ram on the card is needed for surround gaming in Win 7. I'm still new to the hackintosh world, if there is another way I can go about doing this (i.e. different graphics card, dual graphics?) let me know!

Just for reference I have: Intel Core i3770k

Gigabyte X77-UD5H F14

8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Edition Ram @ 1866Mhz

Seasonic 760watt PSU

OCZ Agility 240Gb SSD

Thanks in advance!

Just wondering if someone can answer my question. My question is if the EVGA GTX 680 Classified is compatible with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (Note. I have Mountain Lion running on HD4000GFX), I've read 4GB cards aren't supported. I am running 3 Displays at 1080p, so the extra ram on the card is needed for surrond gaming in Win 7. I'm still new to the hackintosh world, if there is another way I can go about doing this (i.e. different graphics card, dual graphics?) let me know!

Just for reference I have: Intel Core i3770k

Gigabyte X77-UD5H F14

8Gb Patriot Intel Extreme Edition Ram @ 1866Mhz

Seasonic 760watt PSU

OCZ Agility 240Gb SSD

Thanks in advance!

Probably. But unless you plan to overclock the card it is a waste of money and I am not even sure the EVBot would work in 10.8.x to be able to over-volt the card.

Thanks for the response, so would you suggest buying different card(s)? I'd like to overclock the card in Win 7 but I can go with out. Any example of cards the would suffice for my build?

Thanks for the response, so would you suggest buying different card(s)? I'd like to overclock the card in Win 7 but I can go with out. Any example of cards the would suffice for my build?

I would go with just the 680 or the 680SC. The only difference is the Core clock speed and the price, and, IMHO, you would never know the difference.
I don't think the FTW+ is worth the extra $ even if it does have 4Gb of RAM. For most use anything over 2 Gb is wasted anyway.

Here is a review that will help put it into perspective: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6096/evga-geforce-gtx-680-classified-review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back