Contribute
Register

[Help] Error Loading Kernel Cache 0×7

Status
Not open for further replies.
@feartech ,looks like there is no way to rebuild kernelcache until i have access to startup disk shell as kextcache is deprecated .Above procedure didnt worked but
I also troubled with this in past once,whereby by setting usekernelcache=no it passed after that i changed flag to no permanently and then after since the flag is already set to no from earlier days of no issue.Above trick failed.I have to reinstall Sierra Again.Thanks for your help.

@RehabMan I know that i have added peculiar items from driver32UEFI and other places.
But for this time ,please guide me to recover kernel cache from outside .I have recovery hd working fine.
EDIT :- finally tried a lot and at the end copied prelinkedkernel from the Recovery Hd to startup volume.And it worked but whether i should replace it with original vanilla small prelinkedkernel already exist in /S/L/PrelinkedKernel/ before or it cause no problem.
Edit:prelinked kernel from recovery HD cause some boot glitch may be due to vanilla cached data.But i think it will banish after rebuilding cache ,then clover will boot with kernel (not fallback to prelinkedkernel) .Am i right ?

Last edited:
@RehabMan I know that i have added peculiar items from driver32UEFI and other places.
But for this time ,please guide me to recover kernel cache from outside .I have recovery hd working fine.
EDIT :- finally tried a lot and at the end copied prelinkedkernel from the Recovery Hd to startup volume.And it worked but whether i should replace it with original vanilla small prelinkedkernel already exist in /S/L/PrelinkedKernel/ before or it cause no problem.
Edit:prelinked kernel from recovery HD cause some boot glitch may be due to vanilla cached data.But i think it will banish after rebuilding cache ,then clover will boot with kernel (not fallback to prelinkedkernel) .Am i right ?

You can rebuild kernel cache in Terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

@RehabMan ,Already tried that ,but it seems like do only for Recovery HD partition not for specific partition .Throw error for other volumes regarding bad prelinkedkernel path etc.

@RehabMan ,Already tried that ,but it seems like do only for Recovery HD partition not for specific partition .Throw error for other volumes regarding bad prelinkedkernel path etc.

Rebuilding cache with kextcache -i / is something for after you boot into your normal partition.

@RehabMan Sir ,yeah but can you tell me about this.
https://github.com/PMheart/RebuildCaches
Can i rebuild caches from recovery partition with this script.
Also ,please look into my ioreg ,is there anything missing?(only if you have some spare time.)

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
@RehabMan Sir,
A pity question ,my laptop lag/pause (mouse/keyboard/ps2) only for a few seconds (2-5 seconds) before login(i.e. while entering login password ,words appear along after a moment) ,after sleep(5-10 seconds max.).Read about this
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-in-10-12-sierra.202316/page-94#post-1485104
But it has to do something with hdmi while i don't have it(i have vga instead) ,which i too never used.
CPU:- Haswell i3

You need to eliminate unused ports in the framebuffer.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back