Graphics
ATI HD 7970m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I can't install Mavericks using the guide because it gives me a kernel panic (shown in the foto attachment)
can anyone please help me?

Thanks for your time.

CPU: i7 2820MQ
GPU: ATI 7970m
MEMORY: 16GB
HDD: 250GB ssd Samsung evo 01.jpg

Hi, I can't install Mavericks using the guide because it gives me a kernel panic (shown in the foto attachment)
can anyone please help me?

Thanks for your time.

CPU: i7 2820MQ
GPU: ATI 7970m
MEMORY: 16GB
HDD: 250GB ssd Samsung evoView attachment 77911

Can you disable the Radeon in BIOS and use HD3000?

Thanks for replying,

no I can't. :(

Thanks for replying,

no I can't. :(

You're going to have to do some googling on what you need to do to properly configure the Radeon then...

I have search for quite some time but I can't seem to find the answer.
Thanks again :)

UPDATE:

When I plug the HDMI cable and connect to a lcd I can see the welcome screen, but I can't move the mouse cursor. My laptop screen turns black and if I power it down I have to reset the cmos.

I am having the same problem except my specs are:

CPU: i7-2640M (Dual Core)
GRAPHICS: Nvidia GTX 560M 1.5GB
RAM: 16 GB

I also had to reset cmos after powering down when the screen when black. Is there a solution? Do I need to try ML or even SL? Or is the closest I am going to get to running OS X running it in VMWare?

What may be happening is a kernel panic from aicpupowermanagement thats causing a crash right at the login page. This was happening to me while I was working on mavericks. Have you tried booting with nullcpupm installed?

And yes the CMOS reset for our laptops has persisted for years in these threads without a fix. Once you get mavericks up and running you can use restart and then manually power it down once it gets to the bios screen and it won't cmos reset.

About the 7970m: I also have the p150hm and I have gotten mavericks working close to perfect. I have the 6990m and it took me forever to get it working right, but your 7970m sounds like its doing similar things to what my card was doing so I think I can help you get it working.

Also I have started a thread for the p150hm (and varients) here at http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...hm1-sager-np8130-np8150-similar-rebrands.html

I think it would be best if we could move y'alls questions to that thread. There is already a lion and mountain lion thread for our laptop and having a centralized place where a bunch of questions can all be working on and answered in one place was very helpful for me when I was working on things for those versions of mac. And people looking for help in the future can find it and hopefully most of their questions will have already been solved in that one place. Thats why I recently started the thread for mavericks support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back