Contribute
Register

Help "Choosing startup disk"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but maybe bad install or something with OpenCore settings or bios settings. You should not be prompted about any Firmware.

If the install went well, it should have re-booted and you would have been at the point of setting up Monterey and user account.

Best thing to do is find someone who has the same build (motherboard).

Any way to get to the install logs ? I don't see them saved anywhere on the install USB.

BTW, As far as the same motherboard, I copied this guys EFI from BigSur (he doesn't seem very active unfortunately): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...x-b360-i-opencore-0-7-5-monterey-12-1.318288/

so I'm not sure what's going awry here....

I took a video of the install logs during install and it reboots right after a line saying:

> Calling: /usr/sbin/bless "--setBoot" ....

No apparent error message or anything. I do see a ton of messages complaining about bluetooth tho

I will take a stab at this... I created a clean new EFI I built on OpenCore 0.7.9 (current version) using the basics from what I see in his configuration, the official OC guide and what I know for Monterey. Give it a try.

Attachments

• B360-ITestOC079EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
thanks! I will give it a shot now. If this doesn't work, I'll try the one for BigSur he had

> OC: Grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed
> Halting on critical error

immediately on loading OC

You need to edit the config.plist file and put in your own SMBIOS information under PlatformInfo>Generic. Add your MLB, System SN and SystemUUID. Make sure you are generating and using numbers for iMac19,1.

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 10.51.49 AM.png

Last edited:
I actually got it to install BigSur but it reboots shortly after prompting for login password there. Know of a way to turn on logging so I can see what happens?

I am not sure at what point you are talking about. If you installed Big Sur, did you finish setting up the user account and reach the Big Sur desktop? if yes, after you reboot use your login and PW. Then for auto login you can change it in the System Preferences under Users and Groups, Login Options.

because i have Mojave installed on the other drive, it prompts for drive decryption early on with the old accounts on that install. After entering the password there, it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back