Contribute
Register

[help]black screen when uhd630 run with internal screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you checked out the requirements for AptioMemoryFix? I'm wondering if we can get it working with a few of the suggested tweaks?

Hi,
Yes i did look briefly at these requirements before, but many of them are BIOS related. And as Gigabyte is giving approximately nothing user accessible thru BIOS, cannot do anything. This is the same for Thunderbolt options. For example i have a thunderbolt dock that won't start unless i start in Windows first and reboot. This is clearly related to some Bios options not available because it works on other hackintosh laptop that have some BIOS options for Thunderbolt (Thunderbolt Boot Support, Thunderbolt Secutiry, etc...)
-I tried to look at BIOS file and the functions we would need are implemented, just not accessible for us... I could edit the file but there is apparently no way to update with a non signed BIOS (Latest versions of Aptio Tools (Afuwin or Afudos) doesn't provide to GAN function needed for flashing a non signed BIOS, and older ones are just not working at all on this laptop).
-I mailed Gigabyte Support to see if they could help giving access to some functions or at least planning to. They just answered they don't care about "developpers" and don't want to open anything on BIOS (Even DELL is more open on this...). Maybe if other people complains about the lack of BIOS options they will think about it.. I don't know.

Hi,
Latest versions of Aptio Tools (Afuwin or Afudos) doesn't provide to GAN function needed for flashing a non signed BIOS, and older ones are just not working at all on this laptop.

I don't think we need to modify the BIOS but if it comes to that I will try and patch it to skip the checksum failure.

vit9696 suggested to me to look at VerifyMsrE2. Right now I'm busy getting framebuffer patching for Mojave supported (I will post a framebuffer patch for us here soon). So if you get the chance please check it out and get back to me.

I also updated to macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) and changed to use MacBookPro15,2 and now have brightness control but it's very dark. Also it takes about 5 minutes after boot before the screen comes on. So still a few issues to iron out.

Well I already tested the Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 Build 17G2112 to check if the UHD 630 iGPU of a Core i7 8750H in my Dell 7588would work better, with the other Mac OS Sierra Versions I had black screen. Well following the guide to install that mac os build version https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/#post-1780460 I used in ig-platform the value 0x3e9b0000 and fakeid 0x3e9b8086 with the MacBookPro15,2 smbios and.... well it worked, even right now I have brightness control with no problems. Right now the screen is working perfect. I already tested a second screen and it works perfect too... I had problem with the USB with that smbios, but I am using the MacBookPro14,1 and all the usb are injected and the other devices related with the USB Bus...

Thanks for the info. Following your link i succeeded in having 10.13.6 Build 17G2112 installed. I had the same USB issue with MacbookPro15,2 SMBIOS but i solved it by updating USBInjectAll.kext
Unfortunately i still get black screen and no backlight slider with these ig-platform and fakeID values. (External screen thru USB C is fine and UHD630 well recognized though)

I also updated to macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) and changed to use MacBookPro15,2 and now have brightness control but it's very dark. Also it takes about 5 minutes after boot before the screen comes on. So still a few issues to iron out.

I did the same but have not so good result. Still got black screen as before, though i noticed after 5 minutes like you the backlight of the screen starts. But i just get some glitch lines flashing, not real picture. I got no backlight slider neither, whatever i use SSDT-PNLF or not.
And i tried to look at your framebuffer new patching method, but i cannot compile Whatevergreen. I placed the Debug Lilu.kext in the folder but when building i get this error : "Headers/kern_devinfo.hpp' file not found"

EDIT : I compiled Lilu from latest Github Master and i was able to compile Whatevergreen. That gives me the backlight slider now (with SSDT-PNLF) but still black screen. Also when i try to use framebuffer patches i got an error at boot (IGPU framebuffer not loading). Trying to sort this out..

I don't think we need to modify the BIOS but if it comes to that I will try and patch it to skip the checksum failure.

I am not sure we have to edit BIOS for AptioFix, but it could be great to check the common CFG Lock , CSM , Fastboot state on our BIOS to be sure. Also i am pretty sure i won't be able to get my thunderbolt dock properly for macOS without enabling Thunderbolt Boot Support and disabling Thunderbolt Security (Right now it works but i need to boot under windows and restart to get it under macOS...). I contacted Gigabyte to see if something would be possible (Even Dell is allowing access to these setups..) and they are totally closed to it. So if you know a method to pass the checksum verification, i could make a try! (i know this is very risky but i'd like to try)

Last edited:

You might want to check that you're using the correct LMAX and AppleBacklight data appropriate for the ig-platform-id PWM max values.

And i tried to look at your framebuffer new patching method, but i cannot compile Whatevergreen. I placed the Debug Lilu.kext in the folder but when building i get this error : "Headers/kern_devinfo.hpp' file not found"
It can be added from the latest lilu git library, adding the entire folder

It can be added from the latest lilu git library, adding the entire folder
Yes thank; i realized i had to compile Lilu too cause the version is the releases page is still 1.2.4. Whatevergreen compiling needs 1.2.5

I don't want to output debugging. I want to go to an Apple retail store. Can I output gen_debug on the computer there to solve this problem? joke

Also when i try to use framebuffer patches i got an error at boot (IGPU framebuffer not loading).

We do not need a connector patch anymore so you don't need it. I'm currently trying to figure out how to fix the 5 minute black screen issue.

You might want to check that you're using the correct LMAX and AppleBacklight data appropriate for the ig-platform-id PWM max values.

I tried setting LMAX to 0x400 which is what I got from IOREG for brightness/max but no difference. I also tried disabling the Ambient Light Sensor as per the guide but it results in the slider disappearing altogether and screen goes full brightness again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back