Contribute
Register

HELP: Best guide to follow for Mojave on a HP Spectre x360 2015(Broadwell CPU) laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre X360(2015)
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500,1920x1080
Hi,
Thank you for all the hard work here!

I have a HP Spectre x360 from 2015 and here are my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-5500U
GPU: Integrated Intel HD 5500
Resolution: 1920x1080

1.I couldn't find any thread or guide for my particular model so I was wondering as to which would be the best guide to follow to install Mojave on this laptop. I'm currently thinking of following RehabMan's guide on booting the OSX installer on Laptops with Clover. If you feel that there might a different guide more suitable, please do let me know.

2. Before I wipe my hard disk and install it on that, is there any way to check if it would work on my system by running the OS from USB maybe like Linux allows you to do? Or would it be possible to install and run it on a different high storage USB maybe? I already have Windows running on my laptop and would love to confirm that it works before I wipe it clean.

3. Would it be possible to retain my current Windows installation by creating a partition and installing MacOS on that?

4.Also, if anyone has had success with this particular laptop or something very similar and have any specific advice (maybe kexts that the normal guide might not talk about) then that would be great too!

5.This is my first time here and attempting a hackintosh so I welcome any comments, especially if I'm missing anything in this post.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Thank you for all the hard work here!

I have a HP Spectre x360 from 2015 and here are my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-5500U
GPU: Integrated Intel HD 5500
Resolution: 1920x1080

1.I couldn't find any thread or guide for my particular model so I was wondering as to which would be the best guide to follow to install Mojave on this laptop. I'm currently thinking of following RehabMan's guide on booting the OSX installer on Laptops with Clover. If you feel that there might a different guide more suitable, please do let me know.

2. Before I wipe my hard disk and install it on that, is there any way to check if it would work on my system by running the OS from USB maybe like Linux allows you to do? Or would it be possible to install and run it on a different high storage USB maybe? I already have Windows running on my laptop and would love to confirm that it works before I wipe it clean.

3. Would it be possible to retain my current Windows installation by creating a partition and installing MacOS on that?

4.Also, if anyone has had success with this particular laptop or something very similar and have any specific advice (maybe kexts that the normal guide might not talk about) then that would be great too!

5.This is my first time here and attempting a hackintosh so I welcome any comments, especially if I'm missing anything in this post.

Thanks in advance!

Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:

make sure to use latest version of clover from sourceforge as Rehabman's version is out of date currently

Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:

make sure to use latest version of clover from sourceforge as Rehabman's version is out of date currently

Thank you! I shall keep all this in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back