Contribute
Register

HELP: AMD Vega 56 or RX580????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have the Vega 56 back in and the fans aren't going crazy but in the HWMonitor it shows the temps are 127c but everything is fine and no lag and fans are not spinning high. I can't tell if thats a glitch or if those are the actual temps.

So I have the Vega 56 back in and the fans aren't going crazy but in the HWMonitor it shows the temps are 127c but everything is fine and no lag and fans are not spinning high. I can't tell if thats a glitch or if those are the actual temps.

It’s a glitch. Slice was working on those sensorkexts but I think you need a special version of FakeSMCkext for the proper temp reading. I was able to get my Vega 64 to read correctly after some research and testing with him right after the card release. That was in HS betas and once I knew the temps were fine I lost track/interest of the fixes. There was a special AMD card kext and a correct fakesmckext that was needed.

It’s a glitch. Slice was working on those sensorkexts but I think you need a special version of FakeSMCkext for the proper temp reading. I was able to get my Vega 64 to read correctly after some research and testing with him right after the card release. That was in HS betas and once I knew the temps were fine I lost track/interest of the fixes. There was a special AMD card kext and a correct fakesmckext that was needed.
I thought they would be a glitch because the temps didn't move at all, also I found it weird how with AMD card FCPX won't share to, but it will with NVIDIA.

I thought they would be a glitch because the temps didn't move at all, also I found it weird how with AMD card FCPX won't share to, but it will with NVIDIA.

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Do you have WhateverGreen installed?

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Do you have WhateverGreen installed?
Apologies, I forgot about updating that. I do not have WhateverGreen installed.

Apologies, I forgot about updating that. I do not have WhateverGreen installed.

Try installing Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to see if it fixes your FCPX situation.

Try installing Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to see if it fixes your FCPX situation.
Thank you that did help! Everything seems to be working great but bluetooth got knocked out.

Thank you that did help! Everything seems to be working great but bluetooth got knocked out.

New video card, Lilu, and WhateverGreen should not affect Bluetooth in any way.

Bluetooth issues are almost always the result of USB not being configured correctly. Try following the directions here to fix USB.

New video card, Lilu, and WhateverGreen should not affect Bluetooth in any way.

Bluetooth issues are almost always the result of USB not being configured correctly. Try following the directions here to fix USB.
I've actually checked all the USB ports and they work fine, my camera connects to them and even tried my usb keyboard and mouse and they connect fine. For some reason it shot my bluetooth.

I've actually checked all the USB ports and they work fine, my camera connects to them and even tried my usb keyboard and mouse and they connect fine. For some reason it shot my bluetooth.

How is your USB configured? Are you using an SSDT for USB or a 15 port limit KextsToPatch?

Which Bluetooth adaptor are you using?

Do you see Bluetooth in System Information > USB?
Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 1.18.47 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back