Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello guys!

I need some help here, I have a Nvidia GTX 1070 and it runs really laggy. I went and bought a Vega 56 and it works great except for the crazy fan issue which is driving me crazy. I’m thinking about getting a rx580 and was curious does this have any issues like the Vega 56? Or you just plug it in and it works perfect? I’m not concerned in price if there is a better card that works better then the rx580 I would prefer to go with that as long as it doesn’t have issues like the Vega.

Thank you guys!

Everything runs smooth with it? I get a lot of ui lag with Nvidia.
Runs smoother than with my GTX980.
Just do not upgrade to 10.14.1 Beta. I just did and the screen is a mess of flickering dotted horizontal lines.
Going to try removing the Orinoco framebuffer and set inject ATI=no in config.plist and see what happens.

EDIT: removal of frame buffer returned the screen to normal. Screen workng well again.

Last edited:
Runs smoother than with my GTX980.
Just do not upgrade to 10.14.1 Beta. I just did and the screen is a mess of flickering dotted horizontal lines.
Going to try removing the Orinoco framebuffer and set inject ATI=no in config.plist and see what happens.
yeah I will be staying away from Mojave until sometime next year that way the bugs are wrinkled out.

I'm kind of bummed having to return this Vega 56, I thought it was going to run perfect right out of the box.

I will pick up the rx580 instead, but I was really hoping the Vega 56 would of worked since technically its supposed to be a faster card. I appreciate you responding back with the info!

Hello guys!

I need some help here, I have a Nvidia GTX 1070 and it runs really laggy. I went and bought a Vega 56 and it works great except for the crazy fan issue which is driving me crazy. I’m thinking about getting a rx580 and was curious does this have any issues like the Vega 56? Or you just plug it in and it works perfect? I’m not concerned in price if there is a better card that works better then the rx580 I would prefer to go with that as long as it doesn’t have issues like the Vega.

Thank you guys!

If your Vega 56 is a reference design, you can control the fan with the VGTab utility.

yeah I will be staying away from Mojave until sometime next year that way the bugs are wrinkled out.

I'm kind of bummed having to return this Vega 56, I thought it was going to run perfect right out of the box.

I will pick up the rx580 instead, but I was really hoping the Vega 56 would of worked since technically its supposed to be a faster card. I appreciate you responding back with the info!

The single fan models run good with the VgaTab app. Some of the multi fan models also work well with it but some of the multi fan models don’t work with this fix. Look up Pastrychefs build guide there is a link there at the bottom of the page for the fan issue. It may fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back