Contribute
Register

HELLPPPP! HD6870 and graphicsenabler=yes issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
keyboardkungfu said:
ecurb said:
chris_hallborg said:
Ok I have a Asus p6t Motherboard and until recently owned a gigabyte hd5850 which kicked the bucket (Everything working flawlessly up to its demise). I bought a 6870 and in my boot.plist file for the latest chameleon I have graphics enabler set to "Yes". Also i'm using the DSDT provided on trick77.com.

Now the problem is when I try to boot in this state with my hd6870 into lion JUST before the desktop should come up...it doesn't and im left with a "no input on my monitor". But when i set the graphics enabler to "No" or use the Kernel Flag "PCIRootUID=1" I can boot but programs like DVD Player and Ableton won't launch and I receive a "program unexpectedly quit" message. :banghead: Now based on my observations I'm guessing that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is ESSENTIAL to running ableton and dvd player, and I therefore think that the PCIRootUID=1 flag somehow makes it =No. Maybe its my Motherboard? IUNNNO

Someone PLease help as I use my hackintosh for music recording so ableton is essential!

Hi

Have you gone to the Wiki to look at set ups for your graphics board? One configuration has frame buffer set to.. Framebuffer=Uakari

I have a 6870 board and had to reset the frame buffer then i could have graphics enabler set to yes.... and apps like DVD work fine and my graphics card shows correctly when you look it up in about this Mac... maybe that will work

Cheers

Is your Framebuffer set to Uakari? you said you had to reset yours but didn't mention what you set it too, just curious if this was it, since I have the same card as you now.

Hi

No mine is set as below... hope that helps. Is Uakari working for you?

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed=0</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Cheers

ecurb said:
Hi

<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Cheers

Thanks for posting your settings, kudos! :thumbup:

keyboardkungfu said:
ecurb said:
Hi

<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Cheers

Hi again

Seen you have the same configuration just wondering if you have any problems with USB ports disconnecting after the computer has been in sleep. If you have sleep etc going would be great to hear how you achieved.

Cheers Bruce

ecurb said:
keyboardkungfu said:
ecurb said:
Hi

<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Cheers

Hi again

Seen you have the same configuration just wondering if you have any problems with USB ports disconnecting after the computer has been in sleep. If you have sleep etc going would be great to hear how you achieved.

Cheers Bruce

Hey there, I don't have my machine configured to sleep, since I'll be running some pretty rigorous video encoding sessions (upto 8 hours at a time) I set it to never sleep. But maybe I will try it out once I get my current issues dealth with, just for the sake of finding out what behavior it gives me.

Right now I'm just having issues with a dual boot (boots directly into windows, bypassing chimera). Once I get this solved I'll give it a crack and get back to you.

You need to ensure that the OSX hard drive is plugged into the first SATA port on the motherboard. Seems like your windows hard drive is first.

chas0001 said:
You need to ensure that the OSX hard drive is plugged into the first SATA port on the motherboard. Seems like your windows hard drive is first.

They're on the same HD, just diff partitions.

ecurb said:
Hi

<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Cheers
With this configuration do you have 2 monitors running?

hocus86 said:
ecurb said:
Hi

<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Cheers
With this configuration do you have 2 monitors running?

Hi

I thought i did have it all sorted but now if i have it set as above yes two monitors but my graphics card is not displayed properly in about this Mac.... and DVD player etc will not work. If string is just <string>Duckweed</string> top DVI port for screen and correct identification for card.

Go figure.... dam it... back to step one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back