Graphics
radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok I have a Asus p6t Motherboard and until recently owned a gigabyte hd5850 which kicked the bucket (Everything working flawlessly up to its demise). I bought a 6870 and in my boot.plist file for the latest chameleon I have graphics enabler set to "Yes". Also i'm using the DSDT provided on trick77.com.

Now the problem is when I try to boot in this state with my hd6870 into lion JUST before the desktop should come up...it doesn't and im left with a "no input on my monitor". But when i set the graphics enabler to "No" or use the Kernel Flag "PCIRootUID=1" I can boot but programs like DVD Player and Ableton won't launch and I receive a "program unexpectedly quit" message. :banghead: Now based on my observations I'm guessing that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is ESSENTIAL to running ableton and dvd player, and I therefore think that the PCIRootUID=1 flag somehow makes it =No. Maybe its my Motherboard? IUNNNO

Someone PLease help as I use my hackintosh for music recording so ableton is essential!

Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

add this to the org.chameleon.boot.plist located in the extra folder

doesn't work as mentioned above

did you try adding both of those to the file or have u only tried typeing them in when the computer boots up

"no input on my monitor" trie diffrent ports on the back try unplugging and repluging in while the computers on

Ya I have tried everything with those flags and have yielded the same results. I think its my Motherboard, its an asus p6t with a custom dsdt from trcik77.com. I think im going to buy a gigabyte board or a supported asus board.

go with a gigabyte i wouldn't even bother with the asus

HERES THE KICKER lol, just rebuilt my entire system and the same problem persists. Using a gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 paired with an i7 2600k. I have to use the PCIRootUID=1 or 0 or blank to boot then some apps wont run like dvd player and ableton. Im supposed to be using the most compatible hardware YET here I sit. back to windows for me prolly.

chris_hallborg said:
HERES THE KICKER lol, just rebuilt my entire system and the same problem persists. Using a gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 paired with an i7 2600k. I have to use the PCIRootUID=1 or 0 or blank to boot then some apps wont run like dvd player and ableton. Im supposed to be using the most compatible hardware YET here I sit. back to windows for me prolly.

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm in the same position here with the same mobo/cpu combo as you, I can open QuickTime but not DVD Player... DVD Player quits on launch. I would think that somebody has resolved this issue by now with some sort of fix? :problem: :cry:

chris_hallborg said:
Ok I have a Asus p6t Motherboard and until recently owned a gigabyte hd5850 which kicked the bucket (Everything working flawlessly up to its demise). I bought a 6870 and in my boot.plist file for the latest chameleon I have graphics enabler set to "Yes". Also i'm using the DSDT provided on trick77.com.

Now the problem is when I try to boot in this state with my hd6870 into lion JUST before the desktop should come up...it doesn't and im left with a "no input on my monitor". But when i set the graphics enabler to "No" or use the Kernel Flag "PCIRootUID=1" I can boot but programs like DVD Player and Ableton won't launch and I receive a "program unexpectedly quit" message. :banghead: Now based on my observations I'm guessing that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is ESSENTIAL to running ableton and dvd player, and I therefore think that the PCIRootUID=1 flag somehow makes it =No. Maybe its my Motherboard? IUNNNO

Someone PLease help as I use my hackintosh for music recording so ableton is essential!

Hi

Have you gone to the Wiki to look at set ups for your graphics board? One configuration has frame buffer set to.. Framebuffer=Uakari

I have a 6870 board and had to reset the frame buffer then i could have graphics enabler set to yes.... and apps like DVD work fine and my graphics card shows correctly when you look it up in about this Mac... maybe that will work

Cheers

ecurb said:
chris_hallborg said:

Hi

Have you gone to the Wiki to look at set ups for your graphics board? One configuration has frame buffer set to.. Framebuffer=Uakari

I have a 6870 board and had to reset the frame buffer then i could have graphics enabler set to yes.... and apps like DVD work fine and my graphics card shows correctly when you look it up in about this Mac... maybe that will work

Cheers

Is your Framebuffer set to Uakari? you said you had to reset yours but didn't mention what you set it too, just curious if this was it, since I have the same card as you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back