Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello Stork

i tried all of the above methods and still my Asus 750Ti will give me a black screen
no boot options can change that i only have image on DVI ports with nv_disable=1

your method did change something i can now boot with OSX native driver without any command

on the 10.10.2 security update and latest driver same result nothing change with that
my Asus as 1 vga port 2 dvi and 1 hdmi

any more info you can share or i just replace this card with some other and what do i choose?

thanks

How would I go about installing an Asus GTX 760? I assume it is different than installing a Maxwell card. I have a 4690K & Z97N-WIFI. I have followed your guide and successfully installed OS X Yosemite but I need a bit more power. :)

How would I go about installing an Asus GTX 760? I assume it is different than installing a Maxwell card. I have a 4690K & Z97N-WIFI. I have followed your guide and successfully installed OS X Yosemite but I need a bit more power. :)
The 760/770/780 work OOB. You don't necessarily need to use the nVidia web drivers. If you are using HD4600 (on-board) graphics,
:ch: Install the 760
:ch: Leaving your on-board graphics hooked up, go into the BIOS and change the Initial Display option from IGXP to PCIE Slot 1
:ch: Save and shut down
:ch: Move your on-board monitor connection to the 760
:ch: Power up, and...​
...you should be good to go.

I have the same graphics card as you, and i can´t get HDMI to work. I´m in 10.10.3 with latest nvidia web drivers, but when i connect the HDMI and boot, the screen turns black after the apple logo screen... I use DVI-D.

Captura de pantalla 2015-04-07 a las 12.11.28.jpg

I'm running two monitors - one connection is DVI and the other is HDMI. (I'm still on the 343.02.02f04 Web drivers.) So, I don't know how to help you since my connections worked from day one.

I updated to 10.10.3 which went a whole lot smoother than 10.10.1 & 10.10.2. Here's what I did.

Preparation
:ch: Download the nVidia Web Drivers for 10.10.3 > WebDriver 346.01.02f02 pkg*
:ch: Download the View attachment caches_rebuild.command.zip file and unzip.**
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated***
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper - Do This!!

Installation of 10.10.3 Update
:ch: Update your system using the Software Update functionality App Store program, and let the update reboot your system - but when it reboots use the boot flag "nv_disabler=1" (no quotes)
:ch: Upon returning to the Yosemite Desktop, install the updated Web Driver - but don't reboot
:ch: After the Web Driver installation is complete and before rebooting, run caches_rebuild.command
:ch: Reboot

Post Installation
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Yosemite and just select your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.10.x TRIM patch.
:ch: Reboot
:ch: If your TRIM was not reset by MultiBeast, shut down, wait 30 seconds, boot and check to see it the TRIM patch took. If not, run the following Terminal commands in tonymacx86's post here.

That's it! :thumbup:

Notes
* Although I try to keep this link up to date, this may not be the latest driver for 10.10.3. See Post #1 for the latest version.
** Thanks to giacomoleopardo for this handy AppleScript command. It contains:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
sudo nvram -c
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
*** You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Hi Stork,

I have a new 10.10.3 installation (not an upgrade from 10.10.2) running smoothly on
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6gHz
GPU Gigabyte GTX970 G1

I followed your OP (step by step exactly - or no joy ;-) on installing my 970GPU.

All good - EXCEPT that after n+1 (varies randomly) restarts, booting to Yosemite hangs
(after the Bluetooth error in -v mode, so presumably a graphics problem)

I can then still boot, but ONLY by manually entering the -f boot flag

Not sure what -f does in Yosemite? The only ref I can find is "Ignores kext caches during bootup on Mac OS X Snow Leopard...theoretically, the -f boot flag should no longer work; however, this boot flag can still help some Hackintoshes boot (for reasons unknown)"

Repairing permissions & Rebuild cache using Kext Wizard doesn't help.

Running the caches_rebuild.command script either after immediately the nVidia driver install completes, or after the next reboot does not remove the -f boot flag requirement.
Also, if I run the script, my audio devices disappear and re-running Multibeast won't bring them back :thumbdown:

Any suggestions on how I can get it to boot without the -f flag?

Hi Stork,

I have a new 10.10.3 installation (not an upgrade from 10.10.2) running smoothly on
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6gHz
GPU Gigabyte GTX970 G1

I followed your OP (step by step exactly - or no joy ;-) on installing my 970GPU.

All good - EXCEPT that after n+1 (varies randomly) restarts, booting to Yosemite hangs
(after the Bluetooth error in -v mode, so presumably a graphics problem)

I can then still boot, but ONLY by manually entering the -f boot flag

Not sure what -f does in Yosemite? The only ref I can find is "Ignores kext caches during bootup on Mac OS X Snow Leopard...theoretically, the -f boot flag should no longer work; however, this boot flag can still help some Hackintoshes boot (for reasons unknown)"

Repairing permissions & Rebuild cache using Kext Wizard doesn't help.

Running the caches_rebuild.command script either after immediately the nVidia driver install completes, or after the next reboot does not remove the -f boot flag requirement.
Also, if I run the script, my audio devices disappear and re-running Multibeast won't bring them back :thumbdown:

Any suggestions on how I can get it to boot without the -f flag?
Unfortunately, I can't think of a solution (probably something simple). So, I recommend you start a new thread in the Graphics forum section where I'm sure someone, like slim.jim, will help you.

The 760/770/780 work OOB. You don't necessarily need to use the nVidia web drivers. If you are using HD4600 (on-board) graphics,
:ch: Install the 760
:ch: Leaving your on-board graphics hooked up, go into the BIOS and change the Initial Display option from IGXP to PCIE Slot 1
:ch: Save and shut down
:ch: Move your on-board monitor connection to the 760
:ch: Power up, and...​
...you should be good to go.

I followed this very step but with a GTX670 which also should work OOB base on feedbacks but right now I can't boot up unless in safe mode. -v shows something related to Bluetooth missing transport. A little Google says that the problem still lies with the GTX670. Any idea what boot flags I should add in?

I followed this very step but with a GTX670 which also should work OOB base on feedbacks but right now I can't boot up unless in safe mode. -v shows something related to Bluetooth missing transport. A little Google says that the problem still lies with the GTX670. Any idea what boot flags I should add in?
Unfortunately, the only nVidia 600 series card I use is the GTX 650 Ti, and it has worked fine in Yosemite w/o using the nVidia web drivers. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test 10.10.3 on the system with the 650 Ti until next week. But, a GTX 670 should work with the Apple native drivers as it was supported in Mountain Lion and Mavericks. So, I recommend you start a thread here in the Graphics forum section describing your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back