Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've gotten my 760. I installed it, did what you said, and I can boot and use the computer.

But the fans are running at 1140/1170 RPM all the time (really loud) and I don't seem to be getting better performance...

Okay, I've gotten my 760. I installed it, did what you said, and I can boot and use the computer.

But the fans are running at 1140/1170 RPM all the time (really loud) and I don't seem to be getting better performance...
I don't know the answer to your question. I recommend you post the problem in a new thread in this forum section. However, IIRC, there's no native power management for the 760 in OS X. Try searching on 760 and power management.

So someone might know what's going on here...
I get my EVGA 750 SC up and running, everything works fine, full 2560x1440 resolution on my Dell U2515H monitor. I marvel at the beautiful display. I restart, everything's good, and restart a few times over the course of the next couple of hours, and everything is still good. Then, for no reason, I get the exclamation mark on the Apple boot screen, and booting with -v gives me "Still waiting for root device".
Does anyone have any idea?!

Hi chris7418,

Can I ask some detail about your configuration?
I've same card and monitor but i'm stuck with 2048x1152 with HDMI,
and the displayport doesn't seem enabled, after boot sequence my dell go in powersafe

Can you give me some indication?

Thank you

I finally got around to updating to the latest nVidia Web driver for Yosemite 10.10.3 (build 14D136) WebDriver 346.01.02f04 pkg (see OP for link). I don't know the reason, but I can't just update from the nVidia System Preference pane - the system freezes. Also freezes if I try to update from the pkg in a normal, Desktop environment. So, I have to boot -v -x nv_disable=1 and then run the pkg. Reboot, and all is well. YMMV.

BTW, I added a Reference link in the OP for the MacVidCards site which has a list (with links) of all the past and current Web driver pkgs. Links to the CUDA pkg are also at that MacVidCards link. :thumbup:

Like 10.10.3, the update to 10.10.4 went a whole lot smoother than 10.10.1 & 10.10.2. Here's what I did.

Preparation
:ch: Download the nVidia Web Drivers for 10.10.4 (14E46) > WebDriver 346.02.02f03 pkg*
:ch: Download the View attachment 133392 file and unzip.**
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated***
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper - Do This!!

Installation of 10.10.4 Update
:ch: Update your system using the Software Update functionality App Store program, and reboot your system - but when it reboots use the boot flags "-x nv_disabler=1" (no quotes)
:ch: Upon returning to the Yosemite Desktop, install the updated Web Driver - but don't reboot, yet
:ch: After the Web Driver installation is complete and before rebooting, run caches_rebuild.command
:ch: Reboot

Post Installation
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Yosemite and just select your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.10.x TRIM patch or using the new "trimforce" Terminal command.****
:ch: Reboot

That's it! :thumbup:

Notes
* Although I try to keep this link up to date, this may not be the latest driver for 10.10.3. See Post #1 for the latest version.
** Thanks to giacomoleopardo for this handy AppleScript command. It contains:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
sudo nvram -c
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
*** You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
**** To enable TRIM, use the following Terminal command. You will need to reboot for TRIM to be activated.
Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Hello i managed to get my hackintosh running on my Z97X-UD3H-BK with a GTX 750 ti, i created a usb boot from a os x 10.10.4, used unibeast and then installed multibeast, chamileon,then i followed your guide but i still can't get the 1920x1080 resolution.
Here some screenshots

3yIzk3u.jpg

2NggRwY.jpg

jDrWvPH.jpg

What can i do to get that resolution? Maybe i should re install everything? I'm using a vga monitor that connects to the GTX via DVI adapter

Mo5As9J.jpg

Thanks for advance

Attachments

• 20150703_192452.jpg
    20150703_192452.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 105
I'm not surprised that you're having trouble. First, try this:
  • Open the System Preference Display pane and select the "Best for Display" button.
  • Hold down the Option key (like you would the Shift key) and selection the "Scaled" button.
  • If you see more resolution options, like 1920x1080, then select it.
  • If you don't see more resolution options, shut down your system and move the adapter to the other DVI connector and repeat the above.
If none of the above work, you'll need a newer monitor or, possibly, an "active" DVI to VGA adapter.

I'm not surprised that you're having trouble. First, try this:
  • Open the System Preference Display pane and select the "Best for Display" button.
  • Hold down the Option key (like you would the Shift key) and selection the "Scaled" button.
  • If you see more resolution options, like 1920x1080, then select it.
  • If you don't see more resolution options, shut down your system and move the adapter to the other DVI connector and repeat the above.
If none of the above work, you'll need a newer monitor or, possibly, an "active" DVI to VGA adapter.

Hello Stork and thank you for your help, first on my display preferences it doesnt not say Best for Display it says "Default for display", then i followed your guide and now i think i got "almost" 1920x 1080:

This is what happens after i hit 1920x1080:

p5xxbrq.jpg

As u can see the the sceen is moved to the left, on windows when this happens you usually go to auto adjust image and thats all, here thats what i get even when i auto adjust.

Then my display has this option to move the image to the top bottom left right, i moved all that i can to the left and i got this:

3Niu0zt.jpg

As u can see it doesnt allow me to move more to the left, as result i got this:
9mRxbYT.jpg

You can see that there is a major margin from left than right, then i tried the POSITION option and i pulled all to the left like this
hWKcNBi.jpg

As you can see there is still a right and left margin, im better now but i dont know if there is a way to fill the whole width.

Thank you so much for advance.

PS: I tried using a HDMI cable now that i got all installed and it starts (got in to boot on verbose mode) it shows the whole verbose thing but when is about to launch the login screen monitor says not signal and i have to turn off the pc via power button on the CASE. There is no support for HDMI right?

PS: I tried using a HDMI cable now that i got all installed and it starts (got in to boot on verbose mode) it shows the whole verbose thing but when is about to launch the login screen monitor says not signal and i have to turn off the pc via power button on the CASE. There is no support for HDMI right?
My Gigabyte card has 2xDVI and 2xHDMI. After I initially installed it, I hooked up 4 monitors which all 4 had the Desktop displayed. BTW, what's the make/model of your GTX 750 Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back