Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been able to get HDMI Audio out of the GPU with 10.10.2?

I'm looking to fix mine with the newest web driver from Nvidia but no luck so far

Using EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti SC

Have you been able to get HDMI Audio out of the GPU with 10.10.2?

I'm looking to fix mine with the newest web driver from Nvidia but no luck so far

Using EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti SC

Nope. For now I've only fixed Trim with multibeast and I've replaced (as usual) AppleHDA alc892 with a patched one.

Your config.plist has no DSDT fixes applied by clover, are you using a patched one by yourself?

Hi.
Quick check shows no audio on my HDMI O/P. I normally use a Blackmagic Intensity I/O card, specifically for the HDMI output (and editing ), in parallel with the graphics card but I have not yet loaded loaded the drivers for it. Switching the HDMI lead to the GTX 750 showed no audio. There are no obvious options in preferences that might affect this. However all three outputs on my card were working simultaneously - 2 x 1920x1200 monitors and a Sharp tv ( 1920 x 1080).

It's because currently I'm running DSDT free. I have not seen any significant need for it using Clover and the patches I've installed. I am using a GA-Z97N Gigabyte board and was not running into any noticeable problems. My build is about as pure as Walter White's meth.

I may be exaggerating... but it's still very stable after trying many different methods over my early build days. EXCEPT THAT 1% HDMI AUDIO OVER GPU ON 10.10.2!!! :banghead:

ok for me !

I install yosemite 10.2, reboot with unibeast, install nvidia driver, install multibeast as hector's procedure and verify nvda_drv and enjoy !!!!

now I will touch nothing !!!

thanks you very much ! :headbang:

If you don't have a nVidia Maxwell graphics card and don't need the nVidia web driver, like I do, then, see Post #2 in tonymacx86's 10.10.2 announcement.

If you do have a 750, 750 Ti, 960, 970 or 980, then follow this procedure:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper - Do This;
:ch: If your installation's System Definition (SysDef) is not Mac Pro 3,1 (Early 2008 or MP3,1), run MultiBeast for Yosemite (without your .mb file) just changing the SysDef to Mac Pro 3,1 (MP3,1) as the nVidia web drivers won't install otherwise.
:ch:Customize -> System Definition -> Mac Pro -> Mac Pro 3,1 (MP3,1)
:ch: Reboot​
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Yosemite if you don't have the latest;
:ch: Download the nVidia Web Driver for 10.10.2 > WebDriver 343.02.02f01** but do not run it yet;
:ch: Download the Software Update or the Combo Update and run it to update to 10.10.2;
:ch: Re-boot with -v nv_disable=1 (if you get a freeze or KP, then try again adding -x);
:ch: Run the nVidia Web Driver installer but do no reboot when it's done because you have to...;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Yosemite, just selecting your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.10.x TRIM patch;
:ch: When MultiBeast has completed loading the audio driver (and TRIM), close it out.
:ch: Re-boot by clicking the "Restart" button in the nVidia Web Driver installer window; and
:ch: Upon reaching the Yosemite Desktop, Repair Permissions again.*

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
** Note: Although I try to keep this link up to date, this may not be the latest driver. I have never been able to successfully use the nVidia System Preference pane to update the driver. It freezes the system before completing the update. After the first time I tried it, I had to boot with the UniBeast USB thumb drive, download the latest driver from nVidia's web site and install the .pkg file. Upon rebooting normally, the system is restored and running correctly.

Perfect :) I'm now on 10.10.2 with no problems (the hardest bit was waiting for the download from the App Store !!! ) Thanks again for the excellent/clear cut guide's Stork :thumbup:

Sweet! I love it when a plan comes together! Enjoy! :thumbup:

Im having trouble booting with an evga 750ti card. I think it is because the nvidia drivers are not working correctly. Im on yo 10.10.2 but when I open the webdriver package it says this version of mac osx is not compatbile. now I did use a program pacifist to install anyways but when i try to launch the nvidia manager in system preferences it will not execute. I thought i needed to open this to set this to be the default drivers instead of osx...if anyone can help me im really lost. I have tried everything except the correct way i guess but i have followed the guide. unfortunately i cannot install the graphics card and boot up using onboard graphics like in step 8. however if i take the card out it boots right up with hd4600...also ive tried hdmi and dvi but i usually try to stick with dvi since i hear the hdmi has troubles on some of these models. Also i have tried to repair disk permissions
Thanks

I also have a thread here for my specific build:http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...t-boot-discrete-graphics-help.html#post981160

Update:
Re-installed made everything work. But some differences I had with is on step 8 i didnt do this. I booted straight from the graphics card and it worked for some reason i couldnt not boot onboard monitor with graphics card seated. Thanks Stork for this guide! Also the package you have linked helped me install the nvidia drivers. i couldnt install the package on the link on the official 10.10.2 nvidia drivers.

So is it safe to assume that the gpu will one day be fully compatible
if I build a hackintosh with an Asus GTX 960 Strix?

I have all the parts figured out but can't decide on a gpu because I fear
incompatibility...

I know it says if you have 960 do... but I'd like to be sure :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back