Contribute
Register

Headphones sound is mono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
With layoutid 13 in DSDT I can manage the volume and if I put headphones jack it switch automatically from speakers to headphone, but audio still doesn't work.

ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (you forgot to press F4).
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.
FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext may help.
Or the AppleHDA XML you're using may not match your audio codec.

ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (you forgot to press F4).
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.
FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext may help.
Or the AppleHDA XML you're using may not match your audio codec.

Ok I putted FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in kexts/Other and now speakers work well and it switch automatically when I put headphones jack, but audio in headphones is not good, I listen a lot of noise and I think it's still mono.
Microphone doesn't work too.

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
Ok I putted FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in kexts/Other and now speakers work well and it switch automatically when I put headphones jack, but audio in headphones is not good, I listen a lot of noise and I think it's still mono.

Probably due to mismatched AppleHDA XML.

Do I have to change AppleHDA.kext?

Read up on AppleHDA patching (major part of it is creating patched XML for layout/pinconfigs/pathmaps).

I don't understand how to patch AppleHDA

I don't understand how to patch AppleHDA

Yeah, it is a bit complex. You will also need to understand the Intel HDA specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back