Contribute
Register

Headphone Mic & HDMI Audio Dont work ALC256

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech , do you have any idea?
you could look into ALCplugFix.kext as that may help

you could look into ALCplugFix.kext as that may help
This tool seem run command hda-verb to change PIN address automatically. I think I can run this command manually, if it worked, I will use this tool. But how to find value that need to change?

Can you help me solve my problem, @RehabMan , @Feartech ? I attached problem report and audio dump code from linux.

Attachments

• dell-5567-22-08-2019.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • codec_dump.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 45
@QKT,

For HeadPhone Mic issue use ALCPlugFix, this is a good guide on using it:-

HDMI Audi is a separate issue, most likely you need to patch the IGPU framebuffer connectors and flags.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Dear Sir @jaymonkey ,
I tried to use ALCPlugFix as guide you ref but no success. Sound was recognized headphone but mic don't (you can see attached images). I selected Line In and used hda-verb to change PIN but nothing happens.

For HDMI Audio, I used Rehabman guide (worked on my old laptop) but don't work on current laptop. Maybe I patch or configure something wrong.

Update: I tried using combojack fix (with layout-id=13) and headphone mic worked. I will try to understand how it work and explain later.
Link guide: https://github.com/hackintosh-stuff/ComboJack

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 9.12.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 9.12.08 AM.png
    48 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 9.12.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 9.12.15 AM.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
For HDMI Audio, I used Rehabman guide (worked on my old laptop) but don't work on current laptop. Maybe I patch or configure something wrong.

@QKT,

I don't think that method works on Mojave you may need to patch the framebuffer via device properties and WhatEverGreen, you can use Hackintool to generate the patch code. You most likely need to make sure the connector types defined in the framebuffer matches the physical connector(s) and possibly change the flag value(s).

Use the guide i linked you to ... its the same process even if you don't suffer from the back screen issue.

Cheers
Jay

@QKT,

I don't think that method works on Mojave you may need to patch the framebuffer via device properties and WhatEverGreen, you can use Hackintool to generate the patch code. You most likely need to make sure the connector types defined in the framebuffer matches the physical connector(s) and possibly change the flag value(s).

Use the guide i linked you to ... its the same process even if you don't suffer from the back screen issue.

Cheers
Jay
I confirmed Rehabman method worked on Mojave (for my old laptop- HD 4000 - i3 gen 3) but on my current laptop it does not work. I will try the method you linked today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back