Contribute
Register

HDMI audio without on board audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i opened thedsdt using DSDTse v1.4 where am i doing the edits i cant find that specific section of code to get the HDMI audio working on my GTS 450.

I attached the entire code below.

Im running 10.8.2 intel sandy bridge i5-2500k on a MSI h61-p23 board only thing seems not to be working is audio

Attachments

• dsdtcode.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 79
Ok i looked over this guide what i don't understand is what dsdt kit to get. For one thing my board does not have HD3000 or HD4000 and dont i want to enable on board audio. I use only HDMI. My board uses VIA HD Chipset. I am connecting display via Nvidia GTS 450. I extracted my dsdt file and i see the device id for my video card and i see an hdef entry in ioreg but i dont understand the that edits i have to make

Ok i looked over this guide what i don't understand is what dsdt kit to get. For one thing my board does not have HD3000 or HD4000 and dont i want to enable on board audio. I use only HDMI. My board uses VIA HD Chipset. I am connecting display via Nvidia GTS 450. I extracted my dsdt file and i see the device id for my video card and i see an hdef entry in ioreg but i dont understand the that edits i have to make
If your profile is correct, the 2500K is HD3000. Use the HD3000_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit. Follow the guide and the patch file does all the work.

There is only one thing goign through this that worries me. On part 3 looking for integrated graphics i do not see GFx0 entry in ioreg nor do i see the audio codec for hdef. There are no sub components under hdef

why would i change this how do i know its necessary.
TextEdit/Edit (_ADR, 0x00010000) to 0x00020000 or 0x00030000 - if necessary

I attached the various screenshots

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 129
There is only one thing goign through this that worries me. On part 3 looking for integrated graphics i do not see GFx0 entry in ioreg nor do i see the audio codec for hdef. There are no sub components under hdef

why would i change this how do i know its necessary.
TextEdit/Edit (_ADR, 0x00010000) to 0x00020000 or 0x00030000 - if necessary

I attached the various screenshots
You won't see GFX0 unless you enable onboard graphics in the BIOS with an external graphics card. When there is no layout-id, AppleHDA.kext/HDEF does not load. You do not have edit edit the display address as it is PEG0@1.

You won't see GFX0 unless you enable onboard graphics in the BIOS with an external graphics card. When there is no layout-id, AppleHDA.kext/HDEF does not load. You do not have edit edit the display address as it is PEG0@1.

Im getting compile errors. Since _adr and hdef shows up im getting already exist errors among other things. Attached is the screen.

I then scrapped that extracted new dsdt applied the ami cleaned patch and applied the hdmi edit patch and got 5 errors when compiled

I then Deleted the HDEF section in the DSDT editor before patching using the HDMI edit and I'm down to two errors.
Im not sure if im doing the correct procedure or if I'm going to mess up the bios.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 7.48.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 7.48.45 PM.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 7.58.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 7.58.15 PM.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 8.14.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 8.14.25 PM.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 181
I then Deleted the HDEF section in the DSDT editor before patching using the HDMI edit and I'm down to two errors.
Im not sure if im doing the correct procedure or if I'm going to mess up the bios.
Don't delete HDEF. Start with an unedited dsdt. Use the HD3000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit. Reply with the newly edited dsdt.

Attached is the newly compiled DSDT. I ran the two patches it compiled with two simple errors. I press fix errors and it compiled afterwards with zero errors. If i want to do additional DSDT modifications for other things do i have to start from scratch or modify this one?

I saved it as DSDT.aml and placed it in my extras folder and deleted the entry for the graphics enabler in plist. Upon restart i got kernal panics in normal mode safe mode and other boot flags.

The error i received is attached.

Re installed the build with Unibeast updated to 10.8.2 and used multibeast easybeast. So the machine is running now also attached is the system report.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 2012-10-24 02.49.28.jpg
    2012-10-24 02.49.28.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • Mac Pro.zip
    182.8 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back