Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio on nVidia GTX 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Current HDMI audio edits support Fermi (2 connectors) and Fermi (4 connectors). Maxwell (6 connectors) to be added when OS X supports Nvidia/Maxwell. Maxwell HDMI audio dsdt/ssdt edit:
Add DEGP/GFX0/Method (_DSM...:
Code:
                        "@4,connector-type", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"@5,connector-type", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                        },

Thanks Toleda!
As usual, I am humbled by your brilliance!

I've just re-checked my DSDT edits and even though I had already added those extra "connector-types' to cover the additional connectors of my Maxwell card, I was obviously too sloppy and had miscalculated the ‘Store (Package)’ length above those edits, so there was a compiling error that I hadn't notice before. My bad!

HDMI Audio on my GTX 960’s HDMI port works perfectly now too using just my corrected DSDT file and the Latest Nvidia Web Drivers (v346.01.02f03). So no more need for the HDMIAudio.kext! That’s one less kext file to worry about on my Hackintosh. WOOT!

Thanks again!

Thanks Toleda!As usual, I am humbled by your brilliance!I've just re-checked my DSDT edits and even though I had already added those extra "connector-types' to cover the additional connectors of my Maxwell card, I was obviously too sloppy and had miscalculated the ‘Store (Package)’ length above those edits, so there was a compiling error that I hadn't notice before. My bad!HDMI Audio on my GTX 960’s HDMI port works perfectly now too using just my corrected DSDT file and the Latest Nvidia Web Drivers (v346.01.02f03). So no more need for the HDMIAudio.kext! That’s one less kext file to worry about on my Hackintosh. WOOT!Thanks again!

I'm also using nvidia drivers 346.01.02f03 on osx yosemite 10.10.3 on a GTX 970 Strix. how and where would i add these "extra connector types"... no kext edits have been done, only used multibeast to enable onboard audio which works fine, i would really rather have hdmi audio instead.

I've tried to read Toledas guide but if I'm honest its confusing. I see the annotation about there being a fix for the maxwell cards but not sure where to find that information, only that people have done it.thanks for all the hard work and friendly community this is my first hackintosh build and my first post but i have used this forum to build it.

I'm completely new to all of this but i enjoy the challenge and wouldn't be posting unless I searched for it first and either didn't understand or couldn't find the answer:
Samsung 850 pro 256gb ssd
Maximus vii hero
i7 4790k
gtx 970 strix
16gb crucial elite ram

if there is missing information I'll be happy to reply with it and thanks again!

How did you resolve the compiling error? I am getting the same error, but not sure how to resolve.

Thanks in advance!

How did you resolve the compiling error?
Edit Package size from 0x0A to 0x0E, example:
Code:
                            Return (Package (0x0E)
                            {
                                "@0,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@1,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@2,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@3,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@4,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@5,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-2"
                                }
                            })

Works perfectly! :thumbup:
Can finally use HDMI with my GTX 960.
Thank you!

How would I go about applying these changes "@4,connector-type", Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
},

"@5,connector-type",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
},

Hey Toleda,

So i upgraded to 10.11 public beta latest update and i have my evga 960 working well as far as displays are concerned but my hdmi audio doesn't work. it doesnt even show up.

I am running clover latest revision and i did the applehda patches using your command tool (which ps- i love when i used to use my 580. great great tool!) but i still have nothing.

Weird thing is, right now i have inject nvidia = false for clover but when i make it true, i get my display port to hdmi audio device show up but i lose multi-monitor.

Am i doing something wrong?

I would really appreciate some help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back