Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio on Intel Sandy Bridge HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
siu_pak said:
Hi toleda,

Attached are the IOReg and errors log about sound.
You did the edits correctly. I had made some changes (i.e., HD3000 only allows 2 line outs rather than the four in the original). Please try this kext and reply with Console sound assertion errors and a copy of IOReg.

Hi toleda,

Thanks for your updated kext.

After installed the updated AppleHDA.kext, only 1xHeadphones and 2xLine Out are found at the System Preference as expected.
Attached are Console sound assertion errors and a copy of IOReg.

By the way, I found that I had also an ALC887/888b HDAenabler (besides ALC887HDA.kext) presented & required at S/L/E during my previous working onboard audio. Of course, I have already removed this HDAenabler during the tests of the modified AppleHDA.kext. However, do we also need to copy some items/information from this HDAenabler to the AppleHDA.kext? Sorry for this inquiry because I'm really idiot about this.

Attachments

• kernel sound assertion errors2.log
    12.4 KB · Views: 100
  • \'sMac2.zip
    308.8 KB · Views: 87
siu_pak said:
After installed the updated AppleHDA.kext, only 1xHeadphones and 2xLine Out are found at the System Preference as expected.
Attached are Console sound assertion errors and a copy of IOReg.

By the way, I found that I had also an ALC887/888b HDAenabler (besides ALC887HDA.kext) presented & required at S/L/E during my previous working onboard audio. Of course, I have already removed this HDAenabler during the tests of the modified AppleHDA.kext. However, do we also need to copy some items/information from this HDAenabler to the AppleHDA.kext? Sorry for this inquiry because I'm really idiot about this.
IOReg says you should see Internal Microphone and Line In in System Preferences/Sound/Input; please verify. Are you getting sound from any of the outputs? The enablers are not necessary. It looks like you are interested in HDMI audio. What do you have plugged into the HDMI port on the motherboard? This will be the biggest challenge.

Hi toleda,

You're right. I see Internal Microphone and Line In in System Preferences/Sound/Input. However, I still cannot getting sound from any outputs.

I connect the MB to LG monitor (with HDMI input) at this moment. Then, I will move to my Sony TV if getting HDMI audio successfully.

siu_pak said:
Hi toleda,

You're right. I see Internal Microphone and Line In in System Preferences/Sound/Input. However, I still cannot getting sound from any outputs.

I connect the MB to LG monitor (with HDMI input) at this moment. Then, I will move to my Sony TV if getting HDMI audio successfully.
I need you to run an experiment. Please install the dsdt (before the HDMI audio edits) with the regular HDEF. Reboot and see if there is any sound on any of the outputs. This is to verify audio is working. Because of the hdmi connector problem, HD3000 HDMI audio interferes with on board audio. If audio out works, we can try to solve the connector problem. Please reply with a copy of IOReg.

Is it possible to have both HDMI audio recognized on Intel HD 3000 and GPU ?

bulu2kaki said:
Yes and no. Yes you can have the edits HDMI audio for discrete graphics cards (HDAU, onboard-1) and HD3000 integrated graphics (HDEF, onboard-2) in your dsdt at the same time. With or without a graphics card installed at boot determines which graphics is enabled and therefore the HDMI audio scheme. To my knowledge, HDMI audio with both at the same time is not possible in Lion.

My install GPU is shown as Unknown how to you get it to display the hd 3000 with resolution options?

bulu2kaki said:
At this time, the answer is no. You can enable both HD3000 integrated graphics HDMI audio and discrete graphics HDMI audio in your dsdt. If there is no discrete graphics card, HD3000 HDMI audio works. With a discrete graphics card installed, discrete graphics HDMI audio works.

Hi guys, do you have any news about notebook HDMI audio using Intel HD3000(0116)?
I have this message "Sound assertion ""Graphics vendor supplied 'av-signal-type' property indicates a DVI device with audio capabilities has been attached but cannot be supported."" failed in AppleHDAController at line 2399 goto handler"
using MacBookPro8,1/8,2/8,3 and MacMini5,1

Thanks in advance.
HDMI.png

Attachments

• HDMI.png
    HDMI.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 205
kishunv said:
Hi guys, do you have any news about notebook HDMI audio using Intel HD3000(0116)?
I have this message "Sound assertion ""Graphics vendor supplied 'av-signal-type' property indicates a DVI device with audio capabilities has been attached but cannot be supported."" failed in AppleHDAController at line 2399 goto handler"
using MacBookPro8,1/8,2/8,3 and MacMini5,1

Thanks in advance.
HDMI.png
Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As...). Screenshots don't provide enough info. What audio codec do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back