Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio on Intel Sandy Bridge HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at Ioreg it says 7.18.11 and reg/matched/active is all ticked?

When I plug my HDMi monitor into the machine, it says port 0x06. It's a benQG2420HD Monitor with built in headphones jack (no speakers)

Just to clarify, with the three framebuffers in ioreg, FB@0 is port 0x05 and corresponds to the DVI connection on my motherboard, FB@1 is port 0x06 and corresponds to hdmi connection, and FB@2 is port 0x07 and is the DisplayPort.

Should my AISNBGFB look like this:

00 02 03 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff
02 05 00 00 00 02 00 00 06 00 00 00
03 04 00 00 00 08 00 00 07 00 00 00
04 06 00 00 00 04 00 00 09 00 00 00

Putting them in DVI, HDMI, and DP sequence? I'm assuming the last set of four numbers are not port number related (because I don't have a port 9?)

Not long after posting that, the new DVI cable arrived and I edited my AISNBGFB to the exact fb table I wrote above. Lo and behold my computer now had dual audio AND dual monitors working perfectly on an older AISNBGFB - so I shall edit the correct one with same table and see if that works as well.

Interesting side point about a monitor cable: I was using a dvi to VGA adapter which clearly scuppered my dual monitor dream because mac was expecting a VGA framebuffer

chalkie1975 said:
Not long after posting that, the new DVI cable arrived and I edited my AISNBGFB to the exact fb table I wrote above. Lo and behold my computer now had dual audio AND dual monitors working perfectly on an older AISNBGFB - so I shall edit the correct one with same table and see if that works as well.
Yes, update and edit the latest AISNBGFB.

Something odd is happening...

I've used a pkg extractor to look inside the 10.7.3 update combo (which I downloaded from Apple) and when I look at the Information for the kext, versus what Champlist tells me, they both say different things :eek: I don't know if i'm installing the 7.12.9 AISNBGFB or the 7.1.2... or is that a bug in Champlist (only displaying the first 3 characters 712)

I've now also re-installed the native AppleHDA and lost my sound.. System Info says its found Audio ID 392 but my DSDT is:
Code:
               "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x88, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        },

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 21.11.43.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 21.11.43.png
    247 KB · Views: 199
chalkie1975 said:
Something odd is happening...

I've used a pkg extractor to look inside the 10.7.3 update combo (which I downloaded from Apple) and when I look at the Information for the kext, versus what Champlist tells me, they both say different things :eek: I don't know if i'm installing the 7.12.9 AISNBGFB or the 7.1.2... or is that a bug in Champlist (only displaying the first 3 characters 712)

I've now also re-installed the native AppleHDA and lost my sound.. System Info says its found Audio ID 392 but my DSDT is:
Code:
               "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x88, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        },
It is best to backup any edited kexts and install the combo update. It also makes sense to created a bootable backup of your system when everything works. For HD3000 HDMI audio, the Audio ID is 392; hex (392) is 188. You will need to download the 892 edited AplleHDA.kext and install. Native audio does not work in your system.

I've combo updated and applied the edited applehda kext from the HDMi thread. I have dvi on fb0 and HDMi wih audio on fb1. I should upload my details to a thread for my motherboard since its pretty specific editing I went thru pulled from different sources.

I have a problem with native apple intel power management but that's another story. I can't seem to sleep and wake my machine. I have no sound assertion errors any more which is lovely. Thanks a huge bunch Toleda

I'll submit a thread about my experience and hopefully it'll help others out.

Ok, what if I do have a running Lion 10.7.3 but have no /Extra folder ? I might have missed something, but not sure what ( update from Lion 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 was trough Update Software ). Right now I have no sound device to choose from, but it is listed as hardware 889 ( board is a GA H67MA-USB3-B3 ).

Regards, Stefan

The part with the /Extra folder is clear now, and there is one on my system also, but I still have a question : are the procedures described in the september blog entry and the one of toleda also aplicable to a 10.7.3 system as they specify 10.7.2 in the documentation ?

Regards, Stefan

slungu said:
The part with the /Extra folder is clear now, and there is one on my system also, but I still have a question : are the procedures described in the september blog entry and the one of toleda also aplicable to a 10.7.3 system as they specify 10.7.2 in the documentation ?

Regards, Stefan
Post 1 of this guide is current and works for both 10.7.2. and 10.7.3. The blog post is no longer current. The guide for the kext edits is here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=45795. It is current for 10.7.2 and 10.7.3 as well.

Somehow I managed to get HDMI in the system report, where all the line ins and outs appear, but not under Sound preferences - there I only have internal speaker line out and digital output, but no HDMI. I got the prepared kext and have done the dsdt edit. But I must have missed something. Any idea what ?

Thanks, Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back