Contribute
Register

HDMI audio iGPU OpenCore (Easy) Solution

layout-id should be the same you use as boot args. Also, If you have an Hasswel (older) CPU you cannot spoof an Skylake (newer) Audio ID. Used device-id is specific for UHD 630 graphics, will not work with other iGPU's

I updated my iMac20,1 hackintosh to Monterey and I had to give-up to FakePCIID method for DP / HDMI Audio out via Intel UHD 630.

FakePCIID method still worked with Monterey, but it causes random restarts and, to solve the problem, I had to remove the kexts, as advised here:

Now, in order to get DP / HDMI Audio out working via Intel UHD 630 i reverted to VoodooHDA OC method, that I manage to get it working using this guide:

Necessary files to be used with above mentioned guide:
  1. VoodooHDA OC 2.9.2 installer: https://github.com/chris1111/VoodooHDA-OC
  2. VoodooHDA 2.9.7 kext update: check first post from https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-297/

Attachments

• Intel_UHD630_HDMI_Audio.png
    Intel_UHD630_HDMI_Audio.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 197
using this i had solved my Hdmi issue... now internal HDMI is working on my Skylake Intel 530 system using HACKINTOOL.

using no fakepciid or Voodoo anyother extra kext, JUST Applealc kext. And after 1 week i was able to find the solution
mainly changing DP to HDMI solves my problem.

Hi, someone could help with HDMI settings. I've tried a lot but it doesn't work. Intel i5 5200u Cpu HD 5500 Broadwell Graphics. BigSur 11.5.2 Hp 15 ac10nh laptop.

Hi, someone could help with HDMI settings. I've tried a lot but it doesn't work. Intel i5 5200u Cpu HD 5500 Broadwell Graphics. BigSur 11.5.2 Hp 15 ac10nh laptop.

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 167
it's pretty interesting what I got. I tried the existing total solution to make the HDMI audio output work. Se a Hackintool se Voodoo hda. i also try the framebuffer settings, nothing. There was no picture sound. Then I tried an old method with the AppleHDA patch, which finally brought the solution. Generates a DummyHDA kext that just needs to be inserted into the kext folder

To all the people having issues with igpu630 and sound over hdmi,

the last appleALC 1.7.2 added the missing connector, so at least for me I can now play sound without any fakeid, unplugging the cable or double connection, even cheating one by faking another monitor.
Perhaps give it a try.

Thank, so with this method no need patch change B0D3 to HDAU? lik this way?
dognmonkey. com/techs/how-to-patch-applehda-for-hdmi-alc255-broadwell.html

Last edited:
Hello all, i am using T440P with a HD4600GPU and have a 27'' 1440P Samsung Screen connected over mini DP to DP with a headphone output, i can select displayport audio and it works out of the headphone jack on the monitor however there is a somewhat odd "flickering" noise coming out of the headphones, im guessing it needs some kind of ALC patch but its a bit beyond me
if anyone has any suggestion to solve the odd background noise please let me know

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 6.51.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 6.51.25 PM.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 49
Back