Contribute
Register

HD5500 HDMI not working and other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with my cpu PM?Also, how can I solve it?

Still unable to solve internal display and battery indicator.

You edited your generated SSDT.aml inappropriately. Hint: no edit required after generating with ssdtPRgen.sh.

Can't look at your other files ATM. Check FAQ for battery status guide.

Still no internal display,

Try ig-platform-id 0x16260004.
But I think your ACPI issues (below) are causing the problem with the internal display... (so fix ACPI first).

also battery status doesn't seem to be working now. Everything was working last night and I have not made any changes since then.

Your ACPI/patched content is not in sync with ACPI/origin.
Re-extract/re-patch.

Okay, Repatched everything. Everything seems working now.

Do I need to repatch every once in a while? Does ACPI/Origin change frequently?

Also, usb 3.0 seems working fine, laptop wakes from sleep even without keyboard and mouse movements.Also you said usb 3.0 not properly implemented. Do I need to make ssdt for that?

Also, on my external keyboard, media keys are running as FN+F3,FN+F4,etc. how can I map that to only F3,F4 as media keys and FN+F3 being function key.(Solved this for internal keyboard using bios, but not for external keyboard)?

Also cpu fan not running at full speed even during geekbench, seems it's thermal throttling and not going over 62degree's. Usually people get 6200 multicore score using mac os, I got 5500 Multicore. Also sometimes mac os becomes laggy.

In Trackpad, only 2 finger scroll gesture works and no other gestures.

So, Thank you very much for all your help & Is there anything more left to do?

Attachments

• 15may.ioreg
    10.6 MB · Views: 65
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Do I need to repatch every once in a while? Does ACPI/Origin change frequently?

Your question is answered in the ACPI patching guide (and I have clarified it, as people seem to be not understanding the significance of the possibility when they make various changes to their system after patching ACPI...).

Also, usb 3.0 seems working fine, laptop wakes from sleep even without keyboard and mouse movements.Also you said usb 3.0 not properly implemented. Do I need to make ssdt for that?

You need to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. You can find the guide linked from the FAQ.
I think it is to disable the EHCI controllers and use xHCI only, if possible.

Also, on my external keyboard, media keys are running as FN+F3,FN+F4,etc. how can I map that to only F3,F4 as media keys and FN+F3 being function key.(Solved this for internal keyboard using bios, but not for external keyboard)?

Not possible with an external keyboard (would likely require a custom USB keyboard driver [kext]).

Also cpu fan not running at full speed even during geekbench, seems it's thermal throttling and not going over 62degree's. Usually people get 6200 multicore score using mac os, I got 5500 Multicore. Also sometimes mac os becomes laggy.

Could be due to mismatch in X86PlatformPlugin frequency vectors.
You should look into editing them (see Pike's freqVectorsEdit.sh).

In Trackpad, only 2 finger scroll gesture works and no other gestures.

Three finger swipes need to be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.
Also, you should have two finger tap for right click, one finger tap for left click, double tap+drag for dragging, etc.

@RehabMan , I just updated this laptop (Dell Inspiron 3543 - 5200u,HD5500) to 10.12.6 but backlight is non-functional now. There is brightness slider but it does nothing. I even updated IntelBacklight.kext

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    5 MB · Views: 55
  • main.ioreg
    10.3 MB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back