Motherboard
HM87
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 + GTX 970M(Disabled)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ive successfully installed Sierra by following the guide, but there're a minor flaw with my graphics card: my laptop hibernates well, but when I wake it, the screen flickers seriously with half black screen. The screen flickers also when screen wake from simply monitor sleep.
I'm not at home so I can't provide dsdt file and ioreg information for now, sorry for the disturbances. Again ,
everything else works though. Thanks in advance.

I'll upload attachment as long as I'm at home, or maybe you guys could tell me what should I look into without those info?

Ive successfully installed Sierra by following the guide, but there're a minor flaw with my graphics card: my laptop hibernates well, but when I wake it, the screen flickers seriously with half black screen. The screen flickers also when screen wake from simply monitor sleep.
I'm not at home so I can't provide dsdt file and ioreg information for now, sorry for the disturbances. Again ,
everything else works though. Thanks in advance.

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

here is my output file.
I get nothing on press F4 on Clover though.

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ/guide.
And you forgot ioreg.
And ACPI/origin is empty (press both F4 and Fn+F4 as your BIOS may have reversed the keys).

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ/guide.
And you forgot ioreg.
And ACPI/origin is empty (press both F4 and Fn+F4 as your BIOS may have reversed the keys).
Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for my mistakes.
Hope this time I get it right...

Attachments

• attachment.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 131
Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for my mistakes.
Hope this time I get it right...

Your profile is still not filled out...

Comments:
- use MacBookPro11,1 not MacBookPro11,2
- backlight control is not implemented correctly (see pinned guide in this forum)
- ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml

Comments:
- backlight control is not implemented correctly (see pinned guide in this forum)
- ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
If you may, could you tell me which file I'm missing ?The only one I could figure out is that I did not cp patchmatic into usr/bin instead I executed it where I place the binary file.Is this make difference ?

Comments:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
I tried patch SSDT again and still got the same flickering problem. Besides, I got backlight control without doing things the pinned guide did, the low level is not that low though.

Last edited:
I tried patch SSDT again and still got the same flickering problem. Besides, I got backlight control without doing things the pinned guide did, the low level is not that low though.

Backlight control is not implemented correctly.
You need to follow the guide...
Also, please fill out your profile as per FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back