Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Hi, in bios apparently we need to set the graphics ram to 64mb. For OSX to work, that's fine. However, I have a dual boot system with windows 7 on and I like to play the game now and then and 64mb is not acceptable. Is there a way around this at all? I would like at least 383mb. I know buying a graphics card would help but my mobo (ga- h77n) has 1 pci-e slot and thats used up with the wifi card.

help anyone?

thanks

e.

I can't say for Win7/Win8, but OSX will override the BIOS Gfx memory size when it loads the HD4000 driver. In System Report:
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MB

Although I have 32MB reserved in BIOS. If you start OSX in safe mode (-x) you will see that the Gfx driver is using the RAM size reserved in BIOS.

Hi, in bios apparently we need to set the graphics ram to 64mb. For OSX to work, that's fine. However, I have a dual boot system with windows 7 on and I like to play the game now and then and 64mb is not acceptable. Is there a way around this at all? I would like at least 383mb. I know buying a graphics card would help but my mobo (ga- h77n) has 1 pci-e slot and thats used up with the wifi card.

help anyone?

thanks

e.

leeno

Once you have OSX installed you should be able to change the video ram size to make Windows Happy

this step is needed only for base installs of OSX and as "cnaught" states can be changed - the video window is a dynamic value that increased w added system memory on the fly so to speak - so if you ever upgrade the ram then the video ram in OSX is adjusted. "ON THE FLY'

You would think that the Silly Windows coders would not be so limited to the BIOS settings especially w EFi - still have not learned to change that value "on the fly" and after what 8 major releases.

And Smart OSX - so talented that it can do it on the Fly.... good boy OSX...

Silly Wabbit Good Coding is for OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back