Contribute
Register

HD3000 with QE/CI Lion 10.7-10.7.2 (dsdt mod free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
--edit---
Sorry that i forgot something. You must install a clean Lion GM 11A511 and have a working standard resolution with out QE/CI then install modified AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (by tony or rimmi2002) prior to use this guide.
---------

For some people who can't or don't want to edit dsdt. Here's an alt. method.

1. Check your GPU's natural id in system report (or windows). mine is 0112.
2. Copy AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to desktop.
3. Open info.plist and looking for 0x01068086 and replace it with your id (it's 0x01128086 for me) in both files.
4. Install with kextbeast or whatever you like then reboot.

With this method you can use original tony's dsdt and still get QE/CI. If it's not work please make sure to repair permission then reboot again. Hope this is gonna work for you guys.

-----edit-----
for those who want to get dual display you need to set this in you smbios.plist
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>
Upgrade to 10.7.1. then just repeat the step to having a perfect HD3000.
--------------

Credits to tonymacx86 and rimmi2002.
Big thanks/credits to bcc9 from insanelymac (sry i forgot you.) in this thread
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 59705&st=0

Re: HD3000 with QE/CI in Lion Alt. (dsdt mod free)

didn't work for me, i'm getting

"Transcript Offline - Buffer pool allocate [181000] failed" error

I can verify that this works- patched 0112 into both kexts- NO DSDT edit. We're going to get every known device ID into these and inject via Chimera and optionally MultiBeast very soon. Good work sketcher!

If I edit intelHD kext I get a instant reboot after plug in a monitor. If I only edit intelSNB I get a colored strange picture. In both cases System utility dows not diplay the Intel card.

In order to modify the kext- you must first copy it out- and edit using an editor that can read plists correctly- usually textedit, etc... will give you a bunch of extra junk. Use xcode or Property List Editor Pro. Then install the kexts using KextBeast, and reboot. This is LION ONLY.

my default intel 3000hd device id is 0x0116, which is included in the string. however i'm still getting the "Transcript Offline - Buffer pool allocate [181000] failed" error

My device ID is 126 and after editing the two kexts I boot fine but I only have 1024x768 as a resolution choice...I have a question though...

126 is already in that string of numbers...I replaced the 106 one with my 126 but then there are duplicates since 126 was already the 4th group of numbers in those files...is that how it is supposed to be in my case?

Otherwise this does NOT work for me and my hardware...I am using kextbeast and have made sure the files were saved with my new 126...

TO ADD: When I check System Report my graphics is now listed as "Display 64mb" with a device ID of 112 instead of HD3000 512mb with ID of 126...hopefully this gives a clue of why it doesn't work for me...

pdawg1717 said:
My device ID is 126 and after editing the two kexts I boot fine but I only have 1024x768 as a resolution choice...I have a question though...

126 is already in that string of numbers...I replaced the 106 one with my 126 but then there are duplicates since 126 was already the 4th group of numbers in those files...is that how it is supposed to be in my case?

Otherwise this does NOT work for me and my hardware...I am using kextbeast and have made sure the files were saved with my new 126...

TO ADD: When I check System Report my graphics is now listed as "Display 64mb" with a device ID of 112 instead of HD3000 512mb with ID of 126...hopefully this gives a clue of why it doesn't work for me...

That sound weird. Have you ever modified these 2 files before doing this? Since that might change your GPU's id in system report. You should check your GPU's id with original dsdt and kexts. Or try to check in windows. From your last info i guess your GPU id might be 0112.

keog said:
my default intel 3000hd device id is 0x0116, which is included in the string. however i'm still getting the "Transcript Offline - Buffer pool allocate [181000] failed" error

In case your GPU's id in already in the list. There is no point to do this. Please recheck and make sure that your GPU's id is really 0x0116.

keog said:

Remove "0x" from the DeviceID in both kexts. It should be 01168086 & not 0x01168086.

Then post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back