Contribute
Register

HD3000 with QE/CI Lion 10.7-10.7.2 (dsdt mod free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HD3000 with QE/CI in Lion Alt. (dsdt mod free)

tonymacx86 said:
This functionality is coming to MultiBeast 4.0 and Chimera- stay tuned for the "easy" way. ;)

Tony. I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone. I just found out that i need to set the board id to match the table in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB drivers. It's in smbios.plist

<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>

So i can have a dual or even triple display and it seem like to fix some glitch occurred before. Without this i only have one working DVI port. If it's the case i hope you will include it in Multibeast. I'm using Lion 10.7 (11A511). Now I'm missing only vga port. I'm trying to make it work. So far i know is to hexedit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB drivers but i don't' know the hex code for VGA port. do you have any idea?

Credits to this link.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=259705

I followed all the steps and when I boot it goes through the normal process.. Big Apple Logo with the spinwheel... then goes to a smaller apple logo with a cursor in the top left corner and then the cursor turns into a spinwheel and it freezes there. If I -v I goes all the way through and does the same thing.. I have a feeling I a very close to getting this.

sketcher said:
tonymacx86 said:
This functionality is coming to MultiBeast 4.0 and Chimera- stay tuned for the "easy" way. ;)

Tony. I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone. I just found out that i need to set the board id to match the table in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB drivers. It's in smbios.plist

So i can have a dual or even triple display and it seem like to fix some glitch occurred before. Without this i only have one working DVI port. If it's the case i hope you will include it in Multibeast. I'm using Lion 10.7 (11A511). Now I'm missing only vga port. I'm trying to make it work. So far i know is to hexedit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB drivers but i don't' know the hex code for VGA port. do you have any idea?

Credits to this link.

Specifically which part of the drivers are you getting the id from? I tried the ID you posted and after I could not boot...got the upperleft corner cursor with the spinning wheel...as soon as I go back to my "original" smbios.plist I boot fine...

I can use my HD3000 the way I have it but you mentioned in another post that once you did this your box can sleep/wake up fine which is the one problem I am still having...

I get 1080p in safe mode... but from a normal boot I get 1024x768. What do I need to do to correct this. No video from either..

pdawg1717 said:
sketcher said:
tonymacx86 said:

Credits to this link.

Specifically which part of the drivers are you getting the id from? I tried the ID you posted and after I could not boot...got the upperleft corner cursor with the spinning wheel...as soon as I go back to my "original" smbios.plist I boot fine...

I can use my HD3000 the way I have it but you mentioned in another post that once you did this your box can sleep/wake up fine which is the one problem I am still having...

Did you install modified AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (by tony or rimmi2002)? If not you can not use this id. id u use will define the connector profile (it's all in file name "AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB" under MacOs folder viewable with hexedit). I guess your original id does not match any id so the system use the default single connector which is DVI for mine. "Mac-94245B3640C91C81" will use the 1st profile with 4 connectors(LDVP/DVI/DP/HDMI ) and it's LDVP that cause your problem. The mod kexts removed LDVP to fix it.

sketcher said:
--edit---
Sorry that i forgot something. You must install a clean Lion GM 11A511 and have a working standard resolution with out QE/CI then install modified AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (by tony or rimmi2002) prior to use this guide.
---------

For some people who can't or don't want to edit dsdt. Here's an alt. method.

1. Check your GPU's natural id in system report (or windows). mine is 0112.
2. Copy AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to desktop.
3. Open info.plist and looking for 0x01068086 and replace it with your id (it's 0x01128086 for me) in both files.
4. Install with kextbeast or whatever you like then reboot.

With this method you can use original tony's dsdt and still get QE/CI. If it's not work please make sure to repair permission then reboot again. Hope this is gonna work for you guys.

Credits to tonymacx86 and rimmi2002.

Great find sketcher!

I'll go home and give it a try. Makes sense though. With only editing device id in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext I was getting full resolution but no QE/CI. Something was a miss so hopefully placing the id in AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext will change that. I used to get random artifacts here and there with my method....maybe this will change things.

rimmi2002 said:
sketcher said:
--edit---
Sorry that i forgot something. You must install a clean Lion GM 11A511 and have a working standard resolution with out QE/CI then install modified AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (by tony or rimmi2002) prior to use this guide.
---------

For some people who can't or don't want to edit dsdt. Here's an alt. method.

1. Check your GPU's natural id in system report (or windows). mine is 0112.
2. Copy AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to desktop.
3. Open info.plist and looking for 0x01068086 and replace it with your id (it's 0x01128086 for me) in both files.
4. Install with kextbeast or whatever you like then reboot.

With this method you can use original tony's dsdt and still get QE/CI. If it's not work please make sure to repair permission then reboot again. Hope this is gonna work for you guys.

Credits to tonymacx86 and rimmi2002.

Great find sketcher!

I'll go home and give it a try. Makes sense though. With only editing device id in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext I was getting full resolution but no QE/CI. Something was a miss so hopefully placing the id in AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext will change that. I used to get random artifacts here and there with my method....maybe this will change things.

Well mine is not HD3000 but HD4500 I know macbook pro update 3.1 has my id in its AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext so what can I do here mine is 0x0046 I am on Lion can I replace the kexts and bundles or what...
do not see any AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in the macbook update though

<string>0x03000000&amp;0xff000000</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

[quote="katrocks]

Well mine is not HD3000 but HD4500 I know macbook pro update 3.1 has my id in its AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext so what can I do here mine is 0x0046 I am on Lion can I replace the kexts and bundles or what...

<string>0x00448086 0x00468086</string>[/quote]

That's 1st gen Intel GMA HD- this topic is discussing HD 3000 Sandy Bridge ONLY.

tonymacx86 said:
[quote="katrocks]

<string>0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

That's 1st gen Intel GMA HD- this topic is discussing HD 3000 Sandy Bridge ONLY.[/quote][/quote]
Great Tony Thanks and sorry for being such a noob :oops: :headbang:

Yup works just as good as the DSDT edit. I am still getting random graphical glitches here and there.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a proper smbios for the new mac mini's with the HD3000 graphics set. I am wondering if that will work better than the MBP that we are all using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back