Contribute
Register

HD3000 with QE/CI Lion 10.7-10.7.2 (dsdt mod free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a working 2x24" setup with Multibeast 4.0.2, HDMI+DVI, awesomeness!!!

Hello,
I have quite weird problem with HD3000. If I load both graphics kexts (AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) the system boots in with full resolution (1920x1080) but responds to mouse/keybd commands so slow it's not usable.
If I load only AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext the system boots fine with full resolution but no QE/CI and boot log gives a message something like:"AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext failed to load".
If anyone has experienced same kind of problems please share your knowledge!

My system:
Asrock H67M-ITX
i3-2105 with HD3000
4gb of RAM

I have this working right out of the box but what does't work for me is the brightness control. Is it related to this in anyway?

Anyways, I have an HP Envy 14 Beats Edition and I cannot change the brightness whatsoever. A fix will be appreciated.

kamilwaheed said:
I have this working right out of the box but what does't work for me is the brightness control. Is it related to this in anyway?

Anyways, I have an HP Envy 14 Beats Edition and I cannot change the brightness whatsoever. A fix will be appreciated.

Enabling brightness control requires a DSDT edit. Or you can use a freeware tool called "Shades".

Whew, I'm in the same boat. I installed Chimera installer and booted back up for the first time able to change my resolutions, but I could not operate the computer and there were artifacts and tears all on the screen.

After we make a change to a setting and it doesn't work or all us to boot how is everyone getting back to change the settings back? I've been reinstalling everytime.. Seems like I'm so close. If can just get the HD3000 graphics working. I'll be golden like Ponyboy

I also have the problem with really slow desktop. As to the last, stop your boot on Chimera and type in GraphicsEnabler=No.

The problem is with graphics enabler and related to your display ports. You could also try hot plugging your HDMI or DVI cable (unplug, wait 10, plug) and see if that clears it up for the time being.

I've seen solutions to this, but it was quite a bit beyond my understanding to try and fix it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33235 Here's the thread for the technically inclined.

Need Help Intel hd 3000

I am on Lion 10.7.2 ( :banghead: Never got hd 3000 working beyond 1024 x 768 res. on hdmi. Don't have a vga or dvi port on the monitor)

Ga-Z68x-ud3h-b3 (F9 Bios)
i7 2600k
16 GB RAM (4x4) corsair dominator
Syncmaster TA950
Intel hd 3000 Integrated GPU (Waiting for XFX 6870 ETA November 4th)
----------------------
My GPU id 0122 (System Report)
Maxed out RAM for graphics in BIOS (Can't remember the exact term but its mentioned in the thread somewhere)
Used Tony's DSDT for the mobo

Followed the procedures in this thread, edited the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext using vi. I could replace my gpu id in one place in both the kext (Is there any other place that i should change?.)

Installed two kext using kext utility.
Repaired permission using Disk utility and restarted. Stuck at a spinning wheel with apple background restarted in verbose, attaching the error ( I have backed up using Carbon copy Cloner Thank this forum for it saved me from reinstall. I've already installed the SL and lion more than 5 times to get it right but never was successful with the GPU ) Would you guys please show me the right direction so that I can get a better resolution on this GPU Thanx's in advance I will be posting the do's and don'ts so others who have the same hardware can save time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lilswee said:
Need Help Intel hd 3000

I am on Lion 10.7.2 ( :banghead: Never got hd 3000 working beyond 1024 x 768 res. on hdmi. Don't have a vga or dvi port on the monitor)

Ga-Z68x-ud3h-b3 (F9 Bios)
i7 2600k
16 GB RAM (4x4) corsair dominator
Syncmaster TA950
Intel hd 3000 Integrated GPU (Waiting for XFX 6870 ETA November 4th)
----------------------
My GPU id 0122 (System Report)
Maxed out RAM for graphics in BIOS (Can't remember the exact term but its mentioned in the thread somewhere)
Used Tony's DSDT for the mobo

Followed the procedures in this thread, edited the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext using vi. I could replace my gpu id in one place in both the kext (Is there any other place that i should change?.)

Installed two kext using kext utility.
Repaired permission using Disk utility and restarted. Stuck at a spinning wheel with apple background restarted in verbose, attaching the error ( I have backed up using Carbon copy Cloner Thank this forum for it saved me from reinstall. I've already installed the SL and lion more than 5 times to get it right but never was successful with the GPU ) Would you guys please show me the right direction so that I can get a better resolution on this GPU Thanx's in advance I will be posting the do's and don'ts so others who have the same hardware can save time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Did you try using original drivers along with macmini smbios.plist and set GE to Yes?(don´t forget install latest chimera).

regards

No I havent tried mac mini. I will try right away. when you say original drivers do you mean AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. I think I should edit the smbios.plist in the Extra folder. Will do this and update and thanks for the response cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back