Contribute
Register

HD3000 on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I managed to get the keyboard to work.
However, once I try to install clover on the hard drive I get "No bootable device found" after the POST, regardless if I use Multibeast or RehabMan's manual instructions from the Laptop guide page. After that I cannot boot even with the USB (I can't see what caused the panic because of no-scroll-up-in-verbose), -x -s or -f switches don't work so I can't access the log. I also get the same message if I try to create USB manually, only Unibeast works for me. I wonder if this has something to do with the MBR/GPT and BIOS? Perhaps APFS conversion?

The weird part is that after installing Clover on HDD I am getting the "crypto" point KP even after booting from the USB, in other words, that's the point of no return for me - the only thing I can do (as usual) is to wipe the drive clean on another computer and reinstall, but I can only boot from an USB... I did try copying the EFI from USB to SSD but no success there.

BIOS MBR/legacy boot is often very picky.
Usually required:
- active partition (if GPT, set EFI partition active in the MBR)
- may require MBR/GPT hybrid (read about gptsync in Linux), especially if you have Windows installed
- may require pure MBR (read about gdisk in Linux)
- either case of above, will need an active partition (set to EFI if no Windows, set to Windows partition if you have Windows installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back