i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,

Long time user here, haven't had the need to ask any questions so far, which attests for the quality of this forum. However, I have decided to revive my dusty Acer Aspire and run Hack on it. The USB installer was created using Unibeast, and I am able to get to the desktop with no switches. But aside from keyboard and sound not working, I am unable to get the full graphics, it only shows 4MB in "about this Mac". I have consulted Rehabman's guides on Laptops, and tried using the provided GitHub plist (1366x768) but then I am unable to boot at all. Are there any concrete steps I can take to get the full graphics and/or keyboard? right now I am running clean install of High Sierra and booting from Unibeast Clover USB.

Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

Long time user here, haven't had the need to ask any questions so far, which attests for the quality of this forum. However, I have decided to revive my dusty Acer Aspire and run Hack on it. The USB installer was created using Unibeast, and I am able to get to the desktop with no switches. But aside from keyboard and sound not working, I am unable to get the full graphics, it only shows 4MB in "about this Mac". I have consulted Rehabman's guides on Laptops, and tried using the provided GitHub plist (1366x768) but then I am unable to boot at all. Are there any concrete steps I can take to get the full graphics and/or keyboard? right now I am running clean install of High Sierra and booting from Unibeast Clover USB.

Thank you!
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Read it several times over... What confuses me is the absence of HD3000 specific instructions? I have the same issue regardless of the MacOS version - El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra.

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

Sorry about that, rushed, done now.

I am not sure my files will help as those are "stock" - I have installed the system, and haven't touched it yet? If I do Multibeast over it, it bricks it every time to the point where I can't boot from an USB in the safe mode.

Last edited:
Read it several times over... What confuses me is the absence of HD3000 specific instructions? I have the same issue regardless of the MacOS version - El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra.

HD3000 plists are linked from the guide.

HD3000 plists are linked from the guide.

Thanks for your response!
So when I use the 1366x768 plist (which should apply to my laptop) it becomes unbootable, no -x -f help (same with other plists, tried them just for the hell of it). Is there anything else but replacing the plist in the EFI partition that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your response!
So when I use the 1366x768 plist (which should apply to my laptop) it becomes unbootable, no -x -f help (same with other plists, tried them just for the hell of it). Is there anything else but replacing the plist in the EFI partition that I should be aware of?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

So what I did so far was to create a new USB installer using Legacy option in Unibeast, which to my surprise worked, because never it did in the past without UEFI. The only difference is a new USB memory stick? RehabMan's method of creating a bootable USB has yet to work for me as I get "No bootable device" message right after POST - no offence RehabMan, I admire your work and contributions :)

After that I was able to add RehabMan's 1366x768 plist to my USB and voila, my graphics came on showing 512MB (at this point I don't want to fiddle with the boot drive until I confirm a stable configuration). The next successful one was the HDA audio.

Still working on the keyboard not showing up using RehabMan's Voodoo-PS2-Controller - the kext loads as it is asking for a keyboard configuration but no response to keys. I will update once I have the essentials up and running and if I get there create a quick guide for folks who have TimelineX's lying around.

So what I did so far was to create a new USB installer using Legacy option in Unibeast, which to my surprise worked, because never it did in the past without UEFI. The only difference is a new USB memory stick? RehabMan's method of creating a bootable USB has yet to work for me as I get "No bootable device" message right after POST - no offence RehabMan, I admire your work and contributions :)

Your system is old and probably not UEFI capable.

So I managed to get the keyboard to work.
However, once I try to install clover on the hard drive I get "No bootable device found" after the POST, regardless if I use Multibeast or RehabMan's manual instructions from the Laptop guide page. After that I cannot boot even with the USB (I can't see what caused the panic because of no-scroll-up-in-verbose), -x -s or -f switches don't work so I can't access the log. I also get the same message if I try to create USB manually, only Unibeast works for me. I wonder if this has something to do with the MBR/GPT and BIOS? Perhaps APFS conversion?

The weird part is that after installing Clover on HDD I am getting the "crypto" point KP even after booting from the USB, in other words, that's the point of no return for me - the only thing I can do (as usual) is to wipe the drive clean on another computer and reinstall, but I can only boot from an USB... I did try copying the EFI from USB to SSD but no success there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back