Contribute
Register

HD3000 Integrated Graphics works under 10.6.8 !! why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i have beautiful 1920x1080 on Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics under Snow Leopard 10.6.8, but how?? i thought that wasn't supposed to work until lion!

here's how i got there:

i had been having problems with my USB port on my customacmini (i3 2105 / h67n-b3-usb3 f7) on every usb port it would read an SD card in a simple card reader and Keyboard, but not a usb hard drive, even on external power.

posted about the usb here on oct 11 6:11am
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412&start=210

he suggested, after the other header pin failed the test too, that i RMA the motherboard. i did that. and i had the exact same problem with the new motherboard.

i resolved to wipe my drive and start fresh with a SL 10.6.0 > EasyBeast, update helper > 10.6.8 > UserBeast with ga-h67n-b3-usb3-f7.aml, ethernet, USBRollback

more or less. there have been kernel panics here and there that i just sort of fixed as i went along.

and now the usb hard drive still wouldn't work. i did a second run of multibeast on my new 10.6.8 clean system to add the usb roll-back ktext. when i booted up it all booted fine and then went straight to black. sort of like this thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34152

i unplugged and re-plugged in the hdmi cable and i went to the power button to shut it down, but instead it woke up from a weird kind of sleep showing full resolution 1920x1080 instead of the 1024x768 it should show under snow leopard? i've now tried adding storage injector and rebooted 3 times with the exact same behavior.

how is this possible? i thought snow leopard couldn't run the HD3000 onboard graphics ?

i did a complete hard drive wipe of my lion installation. did the machine store some info from my previous Lion installation on the CMOS or something?

and my USB hard drives still don't work! they work fine on my other machines.

i've attached an iphone picture so you can see the craziness!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 268
Haxx187 said:
Chimera 1.5 supports it

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/08/ ... -3000.html

# Supports both 10.7.x Lion and 10.6.x Snow Leopard

ahh (duh!) wasn't sure if i should keep my system at snow leopard then.

update: i haven't fixed that black screen boot problem. upgrading to lion 10.7.2 anyway to see if the problem goes away.

usb problem disappeared after snow leopard re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back