Homebuilt
CPU
i5
Graphics
Onboard
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I was a PC user up until I moved over to the Hackintosh. When I would run HB on my PC encoding a BluRay to the iPad setting and adding AC3 passthru It would generally take 3-4 hours. Now with my hackintosh and using the HB64 version it takes about 5 hours. I also noticed that it shows in my system that I have 2 cores, I have the i5 650 with multithreading and on my PC it would show 4 cores being used. Is there something I need to do so that it can run faster as a Hackintosh, or am I simply limted with the OSX operating system and mutlithreading?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K OC @ 4.5GHz
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
pecck said:
I was a PC user up until I moved over to the Hackintosh. When I would run HB on my PC encoding a BluRay to the iPad setting and adding AC3 passthru It would generally take 3-4 hours. Now with my hackintosh and using the HB64 version it takes about 5 hours. I also noticed that it shows in my system that I have 2 cores, I have the i5 650 with multithreading and on my PC it would show 4 cores being used. Is there something I need to do so that it can run faster as a Hackintosh, or am I simply limted with the OSX operating system and mutlithreading?
In your BIOS under M.I.T. set all advanced CPU features to "Enabled" instead of "Auto".

Motherboard
Homebuilt
CPU
i5
Graphics
Onboard
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
flatfoot said:
In your BIOS under M.I.T. set all advanced CPU features to "Enabled" instead of "Auto".
I had already done that. My Geekbench score also seems rather low in the 5000 range. I'm running with a SDD, i5-650, and 6GB RAM. I would think I'd have better results. I've got to be missing something here.