Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was a PC user up until I moved over to the Hackintosh. When I would run HB on my PC encoding a BluRay to the iPad setting and adding AC3 passthru It would generally take 3-4 hours. Now with my hackintosh and using the HB64 version it takes about 5 hours. I also noticed that it shows in my system that I have 2 cores, I have the i5 650 with multithreading and on my PC it would show 4 cores being used. Is there something I need to do so that it can run faster as a Hackintosh, or am I simply limted with the OSX operating system and mutlithreading?

pecck said:
I was a PC user up until I moved over to the Hackintosh. When I would run HB on my PC encoding a BluRay to the iPad setting and adding AC3 passthru It would generally take 3-4 hours. Now with my hackintosh and using the HB64 version it takes about 5 hours. I also noticed that it shows in my system that I have 2 cores, I have the i5 650 with multithreading and on my PC it would show 4 cores being used. Is there something I need to do so that it can run faster as a Hackintosh, or am I simply limted with the OSX operating system and mutlithreading?

In your BIOS under M.I.T. set all advanced CPU features to "Enabled" instead of "Auto".

flatfoot said:
In your BIOS under M.I.T. set all advanced CPU features to "Enabled" instead of "Auto".

I had already done that. My Geekbench score also seems rather low in the 5000 range. I'm running with a SDD, i5-650, and 6GB RAM. I would think I'd have better results. I've got to be missing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back