Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the Accelero S1 PLUS (I think the new version of the S2) for my GTX 650 TI because the installed cooler is pretty loud. I'll update my Case Mode thread as soon as I have it installed.

just wondering mate what sort of temps are you getting with that giant cooler i am using a be quiet but its a really tight fit idling about around 26 to 28 degrees

just wondering mate what sort of temps are you getting with that giant cooler

At the moment i'm idling at an average of 35. But i've had the whole build apart today, and fitted a motherboard tray, I didn't clean the CPU or Heatsink to reapply any paste, when I rebuilt it so I could use it. My processor cage is not even fitted yet either.

It's got to come off again soon. I also have the resistors fitted so it is running a lot softer than usual (both fans).

So my temps are not a realistic gauge at the moment, and wont be until everything is finalised.

UPDATE - 24/12/2012 - I installed some fans, without the processor tray, as I was gaming in windows, and the temps obviously shot up. Today when I am back in osX, my idle temps are quite low 28-31 degrees. So, I am actually hopeful that I can achieve lower temps when everything is finished.

But I am guessing that's what it will be around anyways.

* UPDATE TO BUILD * - (Will add to first post soon, when everything is ready).

I have a motherboard tray, a PSU back plate from KustomPCs. The motherboard tray is in, but not finished yet and the PSU will be installed soon too. Hopefully before the New Year, but I doubt it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 10.07.43.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 10.07.43.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 429
At the moment i'm idling at an average of 35. But i've had the whole build apart today, and fitted a motherboard tray, I didn't clean the CPU or Heatsink to reapply any paste, when I rebuilt it so I could use it. My processor cage is not even fitted yet either.

It's got to come off again soon. I also have the resistors fitted so it is running a lot softer than usual (both fans).

So my temps are not a realistic gauge at the moment, and wont be until everything is finalised.

But I am guessing that's what it will be around anyways.

* UPDATE TO BUILD * - (Will add to first post soon, when everything is ready).

I have a motherboard tray, a PSU back plate from KustomPCs. The motherboard tray is in, but not finished yet and the PSU will be installed soon too. Hopefully before the New Year, but I doubt it!

You know yours sounds just like mine, i also got the motherboard tray from Kustoms i got a back plate off a li-lan case i got off ebay. Got my processer cage in its like a wind tunnel in there. I also have 2 g5 cases with atx boards but i much prefer the mac pro, seems more professional. What did you do for the sata cables into the hard drives as you have to turn them upside down and its a really tight fit.

What did you do for the sata cables into the hard drives as you have to turn them upside down and its a really tight fit.

I bought some left angled ones ;-)

i want to get the PCB plate, so I can lose the cables. The SATA cables are just too long, i actually bought a 4 Sata cable braided item, but ended up taking the braiding off, as the cables didnt quite reach the connections on the storage devices.

You have some photos of the back? Thanks

You have some photos of the back? Thanks

I have lots, but my case is going through another 'change'

At the moment, it's like this, and I will be fitting the backplate and everything once I get my cuttings discs stocked back up (on order).

Also, fitting the PSU mounting plate soon too.

That big hole, where you can see the Noctua fan, will be covered up by the original fan cover after it's been trimmed.

I appreciate your interest.

Have a nice Christmas & New Year

Attachments

• IMG_3932.jpg
    IMG_3932.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,063
Can someone help me upload a pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back