Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems from your thread that there is a sufficient enough difference in the noise from the Noctua vans vs delta. So def worth the change?

Hi mightydood

Thanks for your nice comments; i'm actually going to rebuild everything with a mobo tray (already fitted), and some other bits.

But yes, the Noctua fans are a lot quieter than the Delta ones. We have a Mac Pro at the studio that I do a lot of work for. It's a lot louder than mine; in fact my build is almost silent. Coming from my last PC build, which was silent, this build is not far off.

I do have the resistors on the CPU fans, but I have took them off the 2 case fans that are in there at the moment and it's still extremely quiet.

I would recommend replacing the Delta fans, not just with Noctua ones, but with anything that is silent really.

Good luck

Hi peoples

I have just emptied my old PC case (NZXT Lexa S) of all the old components. Cleaned it, hoovered out the dust, and basically built it back it with all my components that were in my Mac Pro case.

This took a lot longer than I anticipated.

Anyway, result is, I now can finish the Mac Pro case without having to sacrifice a working PC/Mac that I have to use daily.

It's a shame that there are not enough hours of sunlight in a day during this time of the year, or I would be outside now getting busy!

It's actually very strange seeing the Noctua NH-D14 inside the NZXT case, it fills a good portion of the case up.

It also means that this week, I can finalise the front panel. I've decided to just leave it as it is, I do not wish to use the front USB or Audio ports. So, I can simply just wire the power switch and LED, properly. Also, a lot of other small pieces will be completed this week. Hopefully the case too.

I want the Mac Pro finished and up to a good standard, so I can just reinstall the components quite easily and quite cleanly.

This will probably be the last post for a while. Once I have completed everything, I will update all my first posts, and provide new photos too.

In the meantime, happy hacking, and happy new year!!

Hi peoples

I have just emptied my old PC case (NZXT Lexa S) of all the old components. Cleaned it, hoovered out the dust, and basically built it back it with all my components that were in my Mac Pro case.

This took a lot longer than I anticipated.

Anyway, result is, I now can finish the Mac Pro case without having to sacrifice a working PC/Mac that I have to use daily.

It's a shame that there are not enough hours of sunlight in a day during this time of the year, or I would be outside now getting busy!

It's actually very strange seeing the Noctua NH-D14 inside the NZXT case, it fills a good portion of the case up.

It also means that this week, I can finalise the front panel. I've decided to just leave it as it is, I do not wish to use the front USB or Audio ports. So, I can simply just wire the power switch and LED, properly. Also, a lot of other small pieces will be completed this week. Hopefully the case too.

I want the Mac Pro finished and up to a good standard, so I can just reinstall the components quite easily and quite cleanly.

This will probably be the last post for a while. Once I have completed everything, I will update all my first posts, and provide new photos too.

In the meantime, happy hacking, and happy new year!!

Thanks for the update and good luck. Can't wait to see the final build!

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,025
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,101
Sneak Peak

The cables look slick! That definitely takes the whole build to the next level. Probably one of the best looking Pro builds I've seen. Wishing I had the skill-set and money to pull that off!

I'll definitely be following this one

I like what you did with the PSU, that looks good!

Thanks Jeffinslaw; it looks a hell of a lot better than it did. If I could of obtained a broken Apple PSU, I would of done this completely differently. I would of kept the existing plug hole and made a stealth PSU mod. However, I could never find a broken one, and I am not buying a working one for the prices they are!

The cables look slick! That definitely takes the whole build to the next level. Probably one of the best looking Pro builds I've seen.

Appreciate your comment BrttClne22; The cables are nice, I broke one (SATA Power) already as there is not much room behind the HDD once they are fitted properly.

My build is almost fully complete! I am waiting on an Apple PCIe fan, which fits on top of the processor cage, and will hide a lot of the SATA cables, which I need to work out how to hide or buy some different ones. It is super difficult to apply any cable routing when using these Mac Pro cases.

I have to keep adding that this is my FIRST ever case mod, let alone an Apple Mac Pro mod.

Once the PCIe fan (922-8884) has arrived; I will be moving the thread to the completed builds section too, if thats okay with the mods. I'm almost there. I will be editing my posts next week with some new images, but here are some more sneak peeks!!

Enjoy, and thanks for reading, and commenting.

Thanks

:)

Attachments

• the_Case_side_off.jpg
    the_Case_side_off.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,895
  • Rear_PSU_IO.jpg
    Rear_PSU_IO.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,101
  • Cabling.jpg
    Cabling.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 656