Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd you get the case? ebay? Or a parts supplier? (Those tend to be pretty pricey)

I found it on eBay, as I'm from the UK, I was obviously looking for UK sellers. I found one, VIS, and he was selling them on eBay for £130 + postage cost.

So I contacted him direct, and arranged it that way. Then I contacted him some more for the additional case parts I needed, and negotiated some good prices.

It's expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Post More photos

front back inside

[Doesn't anyone use the word "please" these days??]

Nice mod. Always interested to see more.

:thumbup:

Thanks.

Thanks for your comments guys.

I will try to get some more photos up later after work, its 08:30 in the UK, so I am at work for the day :(.

The many photos I have, need to be resized etc before posting. However, it's not a long process. I might even try to take some more, as hardware wise, the build is complete. I have had the remaining cables delivered (SATA power extension, 8 pin MB extension & left angled SATA cables) and installed.

I will also be updating my first posts a little with some tips, and hints for making the build easier, and quicker. That kind of summarises my build. I wanted something that could be built quite quickly. However, I am still left with some 'tidying' up to do.

Again, thanks for your posts, and also for looking at my thread.

:)

Changed some photos in the first few posts, also added some too.

Enjoy.

There are more to come too, as I need to finish some things!

Take care.

Looks like a nice build, clean photos too. You got some more shots of the ' whole thing'? sides, and all. Good work, keep it up.

Thanks for your comments guys.

I will try to get some more photos up later after work, its 08:30 in the UK, so I am at work for the day :(.

The many photos I have, need to be resized etc before posting. However, it's not a long process. I might even try to take some more, as hardware wise, the build is complete. I have had the remaining cables delivered (SATA power extension, 8 pin MB extension & left angled SATA cables) and installed.

I will also be updating my first posts a little with some tips, and hints for making the build easier, and quicker. That kind of summarises my build. I wanted something that could be built quite quickly. However, I am still left with some 'tidying' up to do.

Again, thanks for your posts, and also for looking at my thread.

:)

shokka9 Thanks for this thread i am also in UK and have just received my Mac pro case bought it new from US, cost £205 delivered and comes with dvd cage cpu cage and fans, it as the same front panel as yours, i just need to sort out the connector for front panel iv'e seen one by star tech 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch IDE Hard Drive Cable Adapter is this the correct one only i dont understand it only gives you 40 pins where as the diagram on aquamac forums shows 44 pin connector any help
thanks Darren

shokka9 Thanks for this thread i am also in UK and have just received my Mac pro case bought it new from US, cost £205 delivered and comes with dvd cage cpu cage and fans, it as the same front panel as yours, i just need to sort out the connector for front panel iv'e seen one by star tech 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch IDE Hard Drive Cable Adapter is this the correct one only i dont understand it only gives you 40 pins where as the diagram on aquamac forums shows 44 pin connector any help
thanks Darren

Darren, you might want to check out this site: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=725 I got cables custom made by them some time ago (am in the UK too). You might simply consider going for a 2.5" IDE connector with ribbon cable attached and then fitting motherboard connectors directly to the right cables.

thanks Darren

Darren, you might want to check out this site: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=725 I got cables custom made by them some time ago (am in the UK too). You might simply consider going for a 2.5" IDE connector with ribbon cable attached and then fitting motherboard connectors directly to the right cables.

The Startech one is the same one I have, but as I mentioned in my thread, I already had this component. But minihacks suggestion is also a valid one, with the adapter I have, you need to use female to female jumper cables, or manufacture your own, in order to connect to the pins.

With minihacks suggestion, like he said, you can connect the motherboard cables straight into the adapter.

Swings and roundabouts ;-).

Another suggestion is to find someone that can access the TaoBao (or similar) chinese sites, as they have many parts pre made including full PCBs etc, so a Mac Pro PC mod. The prices are high, and obtaining these parts are difficult. The first thing I seen on this site, was the front panel, already wired, with cables that connect straight to the motheboard. If only we could easily buy these in the UK.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back