Contribute
Register

Having problems with graphics card Gigabyte GeForce NVIDIA GTX 960 WF2OC 4 GB - any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K 4 GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce NVIDIA GTX 960 WF2OC 4 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

after reinstalling my graphics card Gigabyte GeForce NVIDIA GTX 960 WF2OC 4 GB since it didn't cause the problems I had, I am experiencing a slightly streched screen resolution. And I can't change it.

I downloaded the NVIDIA alternate drivers für MacOS Sierra. The installation worked, but after a reboot, no change. Same bad resolution, still slightly streched. And no possibility to change it in the NVIDIA panel (that does show in the top bar and yet indicates the NVIDIA drivers as activated). I assume, it didn't initialize or recognize the card correctly or at all.

Does anyone know what to do?
And does anyone have experiences with this actual card? Gigabyte GeForce NVIDIA GTX 960 WF2OC 4 GB?
Could not find anything in the forum here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks and cheers,
Jan

I had similar problem with my EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB. When booting up in clover, I had to remove the boot arg nv_disable=1

I had similar problem with my EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB. When booting up in clover, I had to remove the boot arg nv_disable=1

nv_disable=1 is using for disabling nvidia supported drivers from loading.

I have a 4gb 960 as well. I found that it the system definition that you are using in the SMBIOS can make a difference. After I set mine to iMac 13,1 I haven't had any issues. If you're using the clover boot loader download clover configurator and change your smbios in the config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back