Contribute
Register

Haswell Ventura beta Z97X 4790K RX6600XT SUCCESS. HD4600 almost.

Finally I jumped into Ventura, and installed latest beta on a spare volume.

1. downloaded latest public beta8 / dev beta10 and created a usb install disk.

2. got the latest open core 0.8.5, latest kexts, and existing USBports kext, Monterey config with iMac 17,1 smbios

3. had 2 issues. open core freezing at IOUSB lines, and os installer complained of compatibility

4. updated the config file and USBports kext with 18,1 smbios. as this is iGPU config.

5. install went smoothly.

View attachment 555989

audio is not working. ( update : audio is working, after scrubbing audio controls in system settings )
iGPU shows 7mb VRAM, and a bit shaky. it seems, running OCLP 0.5 patch fixes this issue.

Anyway new RX6600XT is coming in 2 days. Will try with iMac 18,3 smbios. And if needed, with iMacPro 1,1.
Could you teach me how you enabled the HD 4600? if it is possible to provide only the config.olist with the settings for HD 4600 I would appreciate it

Could you teach me how you enabled the HD 4600? if it is possible to provide only the config.olist with the settings for HD 4600 I would appreciate it
I just added some device properties, based on dortania guide, and updated the config from iMac 17,1 to iMac 18,1.
check the attached config file. HD4600 works with 7MB vram, fine for normal use, but there are glitches in google maps, and no acceleration.
To get normal performance with 2GB vram, you need to patch it, using OCLP ( legacy patcher ) which has a beta version around. That I didn't try, as I got a AMD card.

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.7 KB · Views: 170
OCLP 0.5 is released. try it out.

Thank you for the mention.
Yesterday I succeeded in activating my cards. But after disable AMFI by adding boot flag, amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1.
Now after the success of the patch and I want to delete the boot flag, amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1. fails to boot.
I don't know if I need to keep this boot flag permanently. I don't know how it will affect the system.
Do you have an idea for this?

Thank you for the mention.
Yesterday I succeeded in activating my cards. But after disable AMFI by adding boot flag, amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1.
Now after the success of the patch and I want to delete the boot flag, amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1. fails to boot.
I don't know if I need to keep this boot flag permanently. I don't know how it will affect the system.
Do you have an idea for this?
Can you please explain how you have activated intel HD 4600 using OCLP 0.5, I have also installed Ventura with SMBIOS 18,1 all things are working except my intel HD 4600 graphics.

I have tried using OCLP 0.5.1, it doesn't show any patch ("No patches needed")

If possible can you provide the steps you followed on OCLP 0.5 to activate graphics.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 11.56.03 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 11.56.03 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 12.29.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 12.29.05 PM.png
    22 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 12.28.55 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 12.28.55 PM.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I have tried using OCLP 0.5.1, it doesn't show any patch ("No patches needed")

OCLP will show you this message ("No patches needed")
It means that it cannot recognize the intel hd4600
There are two possibilities according to my simple experience
1- The intel hd4600 card has not been activated through the bios settings
2- The second possibility is that you did not add the card in the config.plist file in the DevicesProperties section as in the attached picture
Try to make sure of the two things, then try again with OCLP

Attachments

• CleanShot 2022-10-29 at 19.33.36.png
    CleanShot 2022-10-29 at 19.33.36.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 132
2- The second possibility is that you did not add the card in the config.plist file in the DevicesProperties section as in the attached picture
Thanks, I will check the config.plist entry.
And for the first case of bios settings i think its already enabled because i am running Monterey on separate drive with working graphics.

Got the intel HD 4600 graphics acceleration,
I have added ig-platform and device Id both in device property I removed device id and got the graphics fix option in OCLP.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 1.22.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 1.22.59 PM.png
    313 KB · Views: 159
Back