1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Haswell test bed:

Gigabyte Z87M-D3H (BIOS F4)
i7-4770K
8 GB DDR3
Seagate 250 GB HDD partitioned GUID into 2 partitions.
DVI out to a 1920 x 1200 x 32 display
HDMI out to a 1920 x 1200 x 32 HDTV
with alternate configuration using GPU Zotac 9600GT (with same displays).

My problem is when I try to run this test system with the Intel graphics HD 4600, the system will not power off when running shutdown. I have to hold the power button to get the PSU to turn off.

I have the same thing with 10.8.5 Combo Update and 10.8.5 fresh install using the latest tools (UniBeast 2.1.0, MultiBeast 5.5.1, AppStore ML 10.8.5 download).

When I add the GPU, the system then behaves as expected: shutdown correctly, sleeps and wakes from sleep.

Am I the only one seeing this issue?

Good modding,
neil

Hi neil.

Have you tried the latest MultiBeast or Chimera as it has a more compatible graphics platform ID for HD4600.

I am having the same problem right now as well, I have not been able to figure out the solution.

I have the same issue. How did you overcome this hurdle?

Thank you wildwillow.
I read the restart issue with WOL on, but there's no WOL option on the bios(f8).

Hi Neil .. I have the same board (with F8) and SLEEP/WAKE works for me just fine natively.

I do have a serious freeze problem and was wondering if you'd take a look here :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...333-ga-z87m-d3h-i5-4670k-10-8-5-freezing.html

If you have F4 .. than as the ppl said .. WOL=off
(I have f8 and was hoping that this caused my freezes
but in a deeper look .. couldn't find it at f8 - I wonder if a downgrade is possible/advisable)

Did/Does your build has had/have any other issues ?
I just bought that board and an i5 4670K last friday .. thinkin' it was an OOB rig !!
It's been a WEEK of non stop fiddling and troubleshooting and I still can't get a solid install
that won't freeze on me ! (frustrated!!)

would appreciate your help on the post above.

Thanx!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Neil .. I have the same board (with F8) and SLEEP/WAKE works for me just fine natively.

I do have a serious freeze problem and was wondering if you'd take a look here :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...333-ga-z87m-d3h-i5-4670k-10-8-5-freezing.html

If you have F4 .. than as the ppl said .. WOL=off
(I have f8 and was hoping that this caused my freezes
but in a deeper look .. couldn't find it at f8 - I wonder if a downgrade is possible/advisable)

Did/Does your build has had/have any other issues ?
I just bought that board and an i5 4670K last friday .. thinkin' it was an OOB rig !!
It's been a WEEK of non stop fiddling and troubleshooting and I still can't get a solid install
that won't freeze on me ! (frustrated!!)

would appreciate your help on the post above.

Thanx!

Been thinking a little about this BIOS downgrade to see if I can manage to get a stable system.

Neil .. would you be kind enough to save your BIOS to a file for me and perhaps send it over ?
I'm lookin' for BIOS archive and am a little afraid to flash my BIOS with some file I grabbed off an
unknown source .. :( ..

I still can't PM .. so PM me for the address if the answer is YES :) ..

Thank you kindly sir!

Hello, thegabezone.
The f8 bios has an option ErP under Power Management, and enabling it seems to get WOL disabled.
By the way, how did you manage to work sleep/wake function? I have shutdown/sleep/wake issues with this board. Sometimes it works, and sometimes doesn't.

[edit] Ah, you do not use HD4600 graphics. Only the Intel HD4600 graphics seems to have these shutdown/sleep/wake issue.

Oh but I do ! (use the hd4600)
I use the GT610 for my monitor .. YES ... however ..
since wanted to mirror via AirPlay .. I simply left it enabled.
Now .. once it's enabled .. I have the Airplay icon and I can Mirror wherever (I own a cpl of ATVs 2 & 3)

However ..if you've followed the post I linked to my previous msg in this thread
you'll see that I'm still having some issues.

But for some reason .. clean install .. plus some MultiBeast (I've detailed what I installed in the post)
leaves me able to shutdown, sleep and restart normally.

now lets talk about NORMALLY for a sec.

Since I think that my issue is Power Management related .. perhaps it DOES shutdown, sleep and restart
but these FREEZES I get .. are some related phenomenon to that - I'm still not sure ..

But .. once the system is up .. with or without the BT dongle .. it'll behave "normally" TILL IT FREEZES !
(grrr)

NOTE : I just got back to the computer after leaving it alone (with youtube running) for about 6 hours ..
other then the crashing FLASH (in youtube and facebook that were left open) everything is working ! :)
(I didn't let it sleep for now .. but I will test it WITH sleep later on today)

Thanx cloudy, for your input, I'll check it out .. and once I get everything running ..
I'll post a highly detailed guide for this MOBO so EVERYONE can enjoy ! :)

Thanx again !

P.S

Can anyone help me with this ?? (Audio is working FINE but doesn't register @ System Information.
Nor my onboard audio neither my USB Mbox show up there. (the rest of my hardware does.)

Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 2.24.51 PM.png

Thanx !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back