i7-4770
Graphics
Intel4600 on ga-z87m-d3h
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have no idea what log file should I look into. Too much log files. And it is far beyond my ability.
As I said in previous post, white blur with endless spinning wheel only appears when I connected my Hack to a DVI port.
I will live without sleep feature for a while.
Thank you so much for your kind support, wildwillow.

Motherboard
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
hd 4600 +GeForce GT610
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I wonder .. why would OSX (ML or MVX) act differently in 2 of the same mobos ?

I've installed ML and MVX on my computer about 6 times per day in the last week n a half ..
NEVER have I had sleep/wake/reboot/shutdown issues ... yet I see some people do ..

seeks weird ... would love some insight ..:)

Thanx.

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I wonder .. why would OSX (ML or MVX) act differently in 2 of the same mobos ?
Thanx.
Different configuration/BIOS settings/BIOS Revision/peripherals/Graphics/Audio. Only similar factor may be the motherboard itself.

Motherboard
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
hd 4600 +GeForce GT610
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hmm ... given that we're all configuring mostly by the guides's recommendation .. we should be pretty close n'est pas ?? :)

Plus .. I assume ppl are starting with as less peripherals as possible when starting this troubleshoot...
(sleep/wake with/without bluetooth.. Ext Audio card .. USB HD etc ..

MOBO,RAM,SSD/HD mouse n keys ... then slowly installing the rest of the hardware.

(I'm running the F8 BIOS ver. for the mobo .. I saw the neil uses an older one .. perhaps that'll help himn ..
my F5 that was supplied with the mobo .. was VERY buggy!)

Of course .. I am not challenging your answers .. just tryn' to get more understanding :)

Thanx.

P.S
WildWillow - have you noticed I've got my system running ?? :) NO MORE FREEZING ! :)
check out the picture and post thoughts. :)

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I saw it, great that you are up and running. You could write a Build Description in the User Build section of the forum.

Motherboard
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
hd 4600 +GeForce GT610
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi Neil !

Something happened to me tonight that I thought I might share with you since it relates to this post.

I've installed Mountain Lion on my (finally working) build and noticed that my bluetooth
doesn't wake the computer from sleep ..

I added darkwake=0 and it solved the problem.

Hope it helps with your build

Take care.

Motherboard
self built
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This board seems to have a shutdown problem across OS'es, with OSX the issue doesn't seem as pronounced as with windowz,it seems like a power loading or ram issue reducing mem speed to 1333 resolves it for some, enabling power loading for others. some people don't seem to have a solution. memtest works fine in dos mode, trying memory tests with the cpu is idle seems to create crashes in OSX. So it seems like it's a motherboard issue entirely.
Just letting you know
terramir