Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are interested, attach the dsdt with the error.

thank you so much! hopefully this is right; i exported the tableset like how you instructed Digital_Singer to do earlier on this thread--

Attachments

• DSDT.acpi
    50.9 KB · Views: 162
thank you so much! hopefully this is right; i exported the tableset like how you instructed Digital_Singer to do earlier on this thread--
Complete Compile fixes two errors, delete the following for the last three errors:
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG1)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2)

Complete Compile fixes two errors, delete the following for the last three errors:
59 External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)

61 External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG1)
62 External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2)

when i load the DSDT, this is what i get for lines 59/61/62:

59 External (\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0.GSSE)

61 External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG1.HPME, MethodObj) // 0 Arguments
62 External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)

are those correct or do i pay attention to the lines that have PEG0/1/2 instead?

are those correct or do i pay attention to the lines that have PEG0/1/2 instead?
Not sure why you have different line numbers. Edited my post. MaciASL tells what code has the errors. You can answer you own question.

Not sure why you have different line numbers. Edited my post. MaciASL tells what code has the errors. You can answer you own question.

HAH found the correct lines, sorry about that. I deleted them, but it was still refusing to compile and was giving me the same error as before:

syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

but i found this thread where you fixed it, so i applied your edit and it compiles now, whoo! thank you!!!

MaciASL/toleda_8series/8series-Clean Compile fixes that error; no search necessary.

oh man, thank you so much for patiently putting up with my ignorance hahaha. done and done. :thumbup:

Hey Toleda,

I guess I'm having a bit of an issue and maybe you can help. I think I'm having a tough time understanding your guide and need to know what to do here...

I created my own DSDT and patched with PJALM's repo for my board...he states to install the graphics patch as well and if it's a haswell system, to use your repo. I am not using the onboard HD4600 port and instead I'm using a GTX780 with DVI cables instead of using the HDMI ports on the card...will those HDMI ports work natively? What patch am I supposed to use from your repo or PJALM's?

I have a fully working system as is but I am trying to get native airplay mirroring to work on my system for the desktop. Currently, airplay mirroring only work thru iTunes. Can you help please?

**UPDATE**

Please disregard. I was able to figure it out and get AirPlay Mirroring to work now and even have the icon in the taskbars. I generated a brand new DSDT and tried a few other patches that I had not previously tried and got them working.

From PJALM's Graphics Repo
  • Patch Name: Generic Discrete Graphics (AMD/nVidia)
From Toleda HDMI Repo
  • Patch Name: Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back