Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I don't know what I'm supposed to edit within the kext or how to make the edit you've suggested. I made a change that didn't work and then showed no framebuffer at all so I reinstalled the original.

Again, really sorry, but what utility do I need to make the edits from post 25?

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    526 bytes · Views: 126
  • Back to original.iojones
    813.9 KB · Views: 129
Fixed -- didn't realize initially you had to install a kext and not just copy / replace. Installed it through DPCIManager, rebuilt cache, restarted, and I had the options for sound. The video actual renders properly too now (as before, menu bars were cut off the top).

Thank you!

I realized that this only corrects the issue on one HDMI port on the board. Is there a way to also fix the other port so that both HDMIs work properly if I want dual displays?

You know, I don't think I'll use two any time soon so I'll cross that bridge later. Thanks!!

I don't have a need for the audio. Are there any other benefits of applying this patch?

Thanks again for your help, Toleda.

I recently lost HDMI audio. I believe it may be related to a recent update to 10.9.1.

Can the fix you suggested be run again? Apply the patches, etc?

Can the fix you suggested be run again? Apply the patches, etc?
An IOReg is required to resolve any HDMI audio problem; not attached. MultiBeast 6.0 and newer/Audio/ALCxxx has the HDA patch included. The Azul patch is likely missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back