Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, the position of GFX0 is correct now, but the injection don't works.
Ignored my instructions, "Replace Nvidia connector-type injection with AMD framebuffer..":
"@0,connector-type" is for Nvidia
"@0,name" is for AMD, see the dsdt code, Post #221.
ATI7xxxx means no framebuffer loaded, RadeonFramebuffer is default to get a display. Find a working framebuffer. The best you can get is 1 DVI and 2 DP (Aji, Dashimaki, Futomaki, Hamachi, DashimakiS) with minor framebuffer surgery. It may be possible to get 4 DP, likely without DVI (OPM, IkuraS, Junsai, KaniS, MaguroS). See Apple Intel AMD/ATI Framebuffers.

Sorry wasn't ignoring, just wanted to try simple modification (model) before changing framebuffers and maybe ending up without Workspace.
I will test all the framebuffers tomorrow.
I thought have to add methods or other stuff to the PCI-bridges, but its so simple, just names and brackets.
Thanks again for your help !

With none to the framebuffers I get DVI-DL, all give only DVI-SL signal.
Also none with 2 DP signals.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TOLEDA AND EVERYONE FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING!!!!! For those still having trouble and were in my situation, here's my detailed install method:

1. Fresh Install
2. Multibeast (got the .mb file from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...a-h87n-wifi-core-i3-4340-intel-hd-4600-a.html) -> Restart
3. Removed S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext
4. Didn’t worry about injection because I don’t have a gfx card
5. Applied kext patches per notes 1 & 2
6. Restart
7. Downloaded audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v2.zip and unzipped
8. Renamed SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml
9. Installed to Extra/
10. Enabled SSDT by adding code to Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist
11. Rebuilt kernel cache via DPCIManager
12. Restarted once again

GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!

Fully aware that this is months after you posted, but thank you! Your post provided the extra 20% of confidence I needed to confirm I understood Toleda's original post. I have hdmi audio working on the first try! :)

Hey there! I've been following these posts for a few days and I'm probably a little too new to get this down as easily as I should be but I was gonna see if I could get pushed in the right direction on how to get audio out of my HD7970. Not sure if I need to manually define my graphics card in DSDT and then load that up from Chimera or if I would be able to continue without any DSDT and do it via SSDT.

Currently I'm running without a DSDT loaded and loading one up and pulling in the patches via Maciasl doesn't make too much difference, so I'm not sure if I'm just doing it wrong or not adding something in that I need to. I'm going to go ahead and attach the stock DSDT that I pull via booting with dsdt=null and I'll attach my SSDT that I'm currently using (ran ssdtprgen to get my processor states correct) and I can go ahead and attach my ioreg and plist.

Running a 4740K i5 on an Asus H87M-E with a Sapphire HD7970 and nothing else. I've got UEFI set to disable the intel graphics processor and I've enabled onboard audio as well. I've ran the hdmi_hd5k0-azul-90 patch and regardless of if I load the recommended SSDT-1.aml or not nothing shows up in my sound settings.

Any guidance would be awesome and appreciated!

Attachments

• Setup.zip
    567.5 KB · Views: 87
Any guidance would be awesome and appreciated!
Realize your post is not helpful. You have proven what Post #1 says: "Haswell HDMI audio is not native". A step here, a step there will not work. Do all the dsdt edit or ssdt install steps. If no HDMI audio, see Problem Reporting, Post #1.

Realize your post is not helpful. You have proven what Post #1 says: "Haswell HDMI audio is not native". A step here, a step there will not work. Do all the dsdt edit or ssdt install steps. If no HDMI audio, see Problem Reporting, Post #1.

I'm not sure what you're asking for. As I've said, I've tried patching the DSDT with the patches from Maciasl, nothing new shows up in IOJones. No HDPAU, no GFX0, nor IGPU or PEGP. Not sure if I'm just doing it wrong, if I manually need to fill in something in my DSDT specific to my setup, or what. I've tried loading just the SSDT files (SSDT.aml being my processor states and SSDT-1.aml being the one from the guide, of which ive tried both of them) and not using a DSDT but I experience the same behavior: none of the things that I need show up in IOJones. I've attached my boot.plist, dsdt, ioreg, and my bare dsdt and ssdt. I spaced and didn't get the fully patched dsdt that I've tried using but I can add that if you need.

Also I'm trying to get this running on 10.9.1
I'm just mixed up because there are a hundred different guides and some say to do this while others completely contradict it. I'm just wondering if I need to manually setup my graphics card in DSDT and inject a framebuffer?

there are a hundred different guides
There is one guide for Haswell HDMI audio, see Post #1. Post the links to the other 99.
Yes, you are doing it wrong. No, the answer is not to do it manually, result is boot failure. If you do not attach the information requested in Post #1, Problem Solving after each failure, there is no way of knowing what you did wrong. Do you understand I cannot see your display or read your mind?

There is one guide for Haswell HDMI audio, see Post #1. Post the links to the other 99.
Yes, you are doing it wrong. No, the answer is not to do it manually, result is boot failure. If you do not attach the information requested in Post #1, Problem Solving after each failure, there is no way of knowing what you did wrong. Do you understand I cannot see your display or read your mind?

I thought I had attached the right things and information to the first post, but I'm sorry if I hadn't! I'll get it attached on this one! Anyhow this is what I'm doing and I know it can't be right if my HDMI audio won't show up in settings!

I'm pulling a blank DSDT with MaciASL, I apply your 8series clean compile patch so that I can remove the compile errors, then I apply the Desktop-HD5K/AMD/NVIDIA-A2 patch, and then I compile (no errors) and I stick that in my Chameleon folder.
I've already ran the audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-90 patch and reset kernel cache and fixed permissions. I'm not using any SSDT other than the one that I use for my P-states.

Running an Intel 4670K, Asus P8H67M-E MoBo, BIOS 0904, Sapphire Dual-X AMD HD7970.

Would it be best to stick with trying to getting this to work with my DSDT or with one of the SSDT-1 files from the first posts?

Attachments

• ssdt.aml.zip
    555 bytes · Views: 99
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    967 bytes · Views: 107
  • ioreg.zip
    545.1 KB · Views: 92
  • dsdt.aml
    53 KB · Views: 120
I thought I had attached the right things and information to the first post, but I'm sorry if I hadn't! I'll get it attached on this one!
You did not and still have not. Each item requested is numbered. For the third time, see Problem Reporting in Post #1. Reply with everything requested.

You did not and still have not. Each item requested is numbered. For the third time, see Problem Reporting in Post #1. Reply with everything requested.

1. Asus H87M-E / Bios 0904 / 4670K / AMD Sapphire HD 7970 / Mavericks 10.9.1
2. Attached to last post
3. Not using any of the posted ssdt.aml files
4. Attached to last post
5. Attached to last post

I'm not understanding what I'm missing? I'm trying really hard to make sure I stick to your first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back