Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio (v1 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell HDMI Audio

Yeah, I realized that shortly after I posted. So far I have not had any luck getting HDMI audio to work, would you mind taking a look to see what I am missing?

System Specs
Hardware:
GA-H87N-WIFI
i3-4340
ALC892

Multibeast selections:
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > Realteck ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC892
Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d

Here are the steps I performed

1. Remove /System/Library/HDAEnabler1.kext
2. Haswell/HD4600 AppleHDA.kext_v2.4.7 only edit - I chose number two and applied the audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-85_patch.command
3. Haswell/HD4600 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext edit - I chose number two and applied the audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-89_patch.command
4. I am unclear on what I need to do with the two ML Audio IDs
5. I am not sure what qualifies as a property-type injection, so I am including my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, can you tell me if I have anything in there that would conflict?
6. I did not have an /Extra/SSDT.aml so from https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/tree/master/ssdt_8series I copied ssdt-ami-8_series_hdmi_audio-1/SSDT-1.aml to /Extra/SSDT.aml
7. Rebuilt kernel cache
8. enabled SSDT by editing /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
9. reboot

After reboot the display was set to 800x600 and I was unable to change it. Also, it appears HDMI audio is still not working. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• iojones.iojone.iojones
    645.1 KB · Views: 135
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    626 bytes · Views: 204
  • SSDT.aml
    526 bytes · Views: 170
Haswell HDMI Audio

Yeah, I realized that shortly after I posted. So far I have not had any luck getting HDMI audio to work, would you mind taking a look to see what I am missing?
IOJones is not complete. Save without making any selections and attach. Also attach DPCIManager/Misc/bdmesg.

Haswell HDMI Audio

Attach an IOReg/IOJones with the display attached to the bottom HDMI connector.
No support for Mavs until it is released, see Rules.

Reinstalled 10.8.5 to get this. Hope it helps!

Note that the bottom connector can't be used at all - instant KP if a cable is connected. The top connector works, but without HDMI audio, even after trying every patch I could. I believe that this IOJones is with the SSDT and the HDAudio fixes, which enables my Geforce 660 to output over HDMI, but the top HDMI port on the motherboard is still video only. The connector with the HDMI connected in the trace is the top HDMI port (framebuffer 1). Framebuffer 2 is the second HDMI port, framebuffer 0 is DVI.

Attachments

• H87.10.8.5.iojones
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
Haswell HDMI Audio

Reinstalled 10.8.5 to get this.
No need to reinstall for IOJones. The ssdt is working.
Skipped two important steps:
Before You Start, 5. Apply kext patches per Notes 1 and 2

1. AppleHDA.kext is not patched; Post #1, Note 1, Patch 2, audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-85_patch.command.
2. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is not patched; Post #1, Note 2, use Patch Azul for HDMI on AppleIntelFramebuffer@1

Reply with new IOJones.

Haswell HDMI Audio

No need to reinstall for IOJones.

I had to because I was running Mav. I presumed you would want IOJones from 10.8.5 :)

The ssdt is working.
Skipped two important steps:
Before You Start, 5. Apply kext patches per Notes 1 and 2

1. AppleHDA.kext is not patched; Post #1, Note 1, Patch 2, audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-85_patch.command.
2. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is not patched; Post #1, Note 2, use Patch Azul for HDMI on AppleIntelFramebuffer@1

Reply with new IOJones.

I had tried patching AppleIntelFrameBuffer@1 before, I'll try it again. I used the audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-85_patch.command in order to get onboard audio to work at all.

Unfortunately, I seem to have disabled my hackintosh entirely when I tried the iCloud Find My Mac lock function. I'll have 10.8.5 back up within the hour. I'll do those specific patches again on this install (I had done it on previous with no luck) so you can see a new IOJones.

Would sending a console log of the KP be useful?

Additionally, you state to remove injections in the before you start section. Is this the case even after the patch is performed? That is the only way I get the ALC892 audio to work. I had been using
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
in my config.plist for clover after I patch AppleHDA to get onboard working.

Haswell HDMI Audio

I assume bdmesg is the Boot Log displayed in DPCIManager/Misc? Thanks again.

Attachments

• dbmesg.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 246
  • iojones_complete.iojone.iojones
    639.3 KB · Views: 123
Haswell HDMI Audio

Reading jomanscool2's comments in this thread I decided to try moving the TV to the bottom HDMI port. When I moved the port and restarted the computer my TV showed up as an output device and I verified that sound was playing over HDMI. If I move the TV back to the top HDMI port and restart the TV no longer shows up as an HDMI device. I personally have not seen KP when using the bottom port, however, I have noticed that wake from sleep does not work on that port. Can you think of any reason why HDMI audio would not work over the top port?

Haswell HDMI Audio

Reading jomanscool2's comments in this thread I decided to try moving the TV to the bottom HDMI port. When I moved the port and restarted the computer my TV showed up as an output device and I verified that sound was playing over HDMI. If I move the TV back to the top HDMI port and restart the TV no longer shows up as an HDMI device. I personally have not seen KP when using the bottom port, however, I have noticed that wake from sleep does not work on that port. Can you think of any reason why HDMI audio would not work over the top port?

I just tested this again (finally got my device unlocked by performing a firmware flash...). The KP only happens if I hotplug the cable. If I boot with it it seems fine. I've attached the KP anyways. I also attached some of the last lines of the System.log. Interesting to me is the Sound assertion, but I don't particularly know what that means.

Again, I have already patched the AppleHDA.kext - that is how I got onboard working in the first place. If it doesn't show that, I do not know why.

I'll post a new IOJones if it helps once I reinstall and re-walk through your steps. Again though, is the Clover Audio Injection allowed or disallowed? Because last time, after the audio patch, the onboard (and I believe NVidia as well) did not work until after I added the inject<1>.

Attachments

• EndOfSystem.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Kernel_2013-10-08-025540_Johans-Mac-Pro.panic.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 406
Haswell HDMI Audio

Again, I have already patched the AppleHDA.kext - that is how I got onboard working in the first place. If it doesn't show that, I do not know why.

I'll post a new IOJones if it helps once I reinstall and re-walk through your steps. Again though, is the Clover Audio Injection allowed or disallowed? Because last time, after the audio patch, the onboard (and I believe NVidia as well) did not work until after I added the inject<1>.
Hot plugging HDMI does cause a KP. The KP log is not an OS X KP; it is a fatal Intel MCA error. Don't do what you are doing to cause that.

Your statements regarding on board audio patching are incorrect. None of the patches in this thread have anything to do with onboard audio. The procedure in this thread enable Haswell HDMI audio with or without onboard audio; Clover patching and injection are not necessary for onboard audio.

To be clear, I am interested in an IOJones with both patches from Post #25. Rebuild kernel cache before restarting.

Haswell HDMI Audio

When I moved the port and restarted the computer my TV showed up as an output device and I verified that sound was playing over HDMI. If I move the TV back to the top HDMI port and restart the TV no longer shows up as an HDMI device. Can you think of any reason why HDMI audio would not work over the top port?
You have confirmed Haswell HDMI audio works with the bottom port (AppleIntelFramebuffer@2) with the recommended edit. At you convenience, reply with an IOJones of HDMI audio working on the bottom connector.

The reason HDMI audio does not work on the top port is the native framebuffer supports DP audio on that connector. With an installed native kext, apply Post #1, Patch Azul for HDMI on AppleIntelFramebuffer@1, rebuild kernel cache and restart with the upper HDMI port connected to the top port. Reply with an IOJones of HDMI audio working on the top connector.

At this time, the edits cannot be combined as the system may not boot.

Regarding sleep, the 10.8.5 supplemental AppleHDA.kext may fix that. That version (with the Haswell HDMI audio patch) will be available in MultiBeast 5.5.3 later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back