Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio (v1 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell HDMI Audio

I'm cranking away at this trying to get my H87N-Wifi working properly. I'm using Clover to boot, but first things first I'm trying to get the HDMI port closer to the motherboard to not cause a KP when an HDMI cable is connected. This happens with the stock kext and every version I've tried to come up with. Clover auto detects AAPL,ig-platform-id <03 00 22 0d>, and the two HDMI ports correspond to FB1 and FB2, with the dvi at FB0. FB2 is the one that KPs. FB2 is the one patched by the scripts to change the connector-type and (I believe?) the time out values, which does not help with the KP.

I'm also using an EVGA 660 that does work perfectly fine after patches for HDMI audio.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know, otherwise I'll post any finds for that board as I happen upon them.

Everything works fine.

Haswell HDMI Audio

I'm cranking away at this trying to get my H87N-Wifi working properly.

I'm also using an EVGA 660 that does work perfectly fine after patches for HDMI audio.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know, otherwise I'll post any finds for that board as I happen upon them.
The only native desktop HD4600 framebuffer is 0x0300220D and it has 3 DP ports. 2 HDMI and 1 DVI can only work in 10.8.5 with edits. Two working connectors is fine; three working connectors KP in 10.8.5.

The Nvidia connector mapping solution is technically far superior to Intel or AMD.

Is HDMI audio working with the edited 0x0300220D framebuffer from Post #1? If not, use the other HDMI connector.

Haswell HDMI Audio

So, my question remains unanswered, does HDMi audio after supplemental update resume after sleep/wake cycle for you, toleda?

Haswell HDMI Audio

Code:
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                0x03
            })
        }

@toleda
what purpose do these pieces of code serve? These don't look like they are disabling the stock devices. Instead, it just seems to be intercepting the main injection and just returning the buffer 0x03 in every _DSM you have defined in your custom tables.

I see by IOReg (IOJones, whatever) that @venu2026 has all of the stock device names in his ACPI tables, so having your table injecting devices at same addresses where stock devices already reside probably cause it to fail to load (and thus fail to inject proper data). DSDT always has a higher priority over SSDTs. I'm not sure if it's a universal approach.

Also, his Mac model identifier is MacPro3,1.. can't be good.

Haswell HDMI Audio

So, my question remains unanswered, does HDMi audio after supplemental update resume after sleep/wake cycle for you, toleda?
My Haswell system is not waking properly, simply no time to figure out why; not tested.

Haswell HDMI Audio

what purpose do these pieces of code serve?
I see by IOReg (IOJones, whatever) that @venu2026 has all of the stock device names in his ACPI tables
Also, his Mac model identifier is MacPro3,1.. can't be good.
It serves the same purpose as Method DTGP, credit: Intel HD4600 with full resolution | Pike's Universum.
The SSDT is not loading resulting in stock device names. I use the same ssdt and native dsdt with IGPU/HDAU and PEGP showing as expected.
The sysdef is not good for CPU and GPU PM; no effect on graphics when the framebuffer is injected.

Haswell HDMI Audio

The only native desktop HD4600 framebuffer is 0x0300220D and it has 3 DP ports. 2 HDMI and 1 DVI can only work in 10.8.5 with edits. Two working connectors is fine; three working connectors KP in 10.8.5.

The Nvidia connector mapping solution is technically far superior to Intel or AMD.

Is HDMI audio working with the edited 0x0300220D framebuffer from Post #1? If not, use the other HDMI connector.

Thanks for the advice.

I got HDMI audio working fine on GTX 660 in 10.8.5. I couldn't get the bottom HDMI on the h87 working at all (KP), and the top one still didn't have HDMI audio. I'm in the process of reinstalling with Mav. I will post again what I have running when I get Mav up.

Haswell HDMI Audio

I couldn't get the bottom HDMI on the h87 working at all (KP), and the top one still didn't have HDMI audio.
Attach an IOReg/IOJones with the display attached to the bottom HDMI connector.
No support for Mavs until it is released, see Rules.

Haswell HDMI Audio

I just started building my first hackintosh and have gotten to the point of trying to get HDMI audio working, however, you specify that I need MultiBeast 5.5.3, however, I only see MultiBeast 5.5.2 in the downloads section. Also, I have searched some of forum posts and it seems that a few other people are having trouble finding 5.5.3. Has 5.5.3 been released to the general public, if so would you mind telling me where I can download it? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back