Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone! Thanks for all of this!! I`ve been able to install and boot Mavericks on a Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 in safe mode using -x. I only installed VoodooTSCSync with Multibeast, nothing else.

Next is to get audio working, but in safe mode audio is disabled and I`m not able to boot without using safe mode. All other boot options I get stuck at the apple screen.

I`ve followed Tony`s step all up to here. I`m still new at this(Sorry!). I just don't know how to complete this step. Could it have something to do with this?

I understand Safe mode ignores all kext files & boot settings expect those that it needs. Perhaps theres a kext file or boot setting I need to delete or modify?

Also I don't seem to have org.Chameleon.boot.plist. Sorry I`m still a noob!

Thanks in advance!!

You need to boot into the Osx installer and not mavericks from the usb after the installation, from there you can open terminal from the top menu. In that terminal type in these codes. Then you should be fine to boot normally.

I don't have that plist either, you need to install boot options from multibeast to get that plist, but I don't need it since I can boot without bootflags.

Hope it works for you!
Greetings,
Alex

Ps: If you install fakesmc from multibeast you will not be able to boot so be careful, I don't want to try any other kexts right now since I need this system to work right now. I also only installed VoodooTSCSync and it works great.

I't works quite good with Macpro 3.1 profile so I'm afraid of getting boot problems if I install the 6.1 profile.
Do you know what it will change?

I don't know what really it change but it works perfectly on mine with 6,1 profile.
make a clone and try to see..

also you can change the profile with chameleon wizard.

You need to boot into the Osx installer and not mavericks from the usb after the installation, from there you can open terminal from the top menu. In that terminal type in these codes. Then you should be fine to boot normally.

I don't have that plist either, you need to install boot options from multibeast to get that plist, but I don't need it since I can boot without bootflags.

Hope it works for you!
Greetings,
Alex

Ps: If you install fakesmc from multibeast you will not be able to boot so be careful, I don't want to try any other kexts right now since I need this system to work right now. I also only installed VoodooTSCSync and it works great.

Thank you Alex! I`ll try that today. I`ve noticed your making a hackintosh for music production also. Do you have a place I can listen? PM the link! (Don't want to go off topic on here) :D

(EDIT)<UPDATE>

Still no luck without booting in safe mode.

Also at the beginning of installing Mavericks I can not enter the USB without going in with safe mode.

(EDIT)<UPDATE 2>

Success! :D:D:D The issue was "Missing Bluetooth Controller transport" which I found by booting in -v. After researching I tried the boot code dart=0 and was able to boot without safe mode. Researched exactly what dart=0 does and found out that it disables VT-x/VT-d. Luckily I was able to disable VT-x/VT-d in the BIOS. Works perfectly now except for the need to boot from the USB.

Hopefully this helps someone problem solve and thanks Tony & everyone!!

hm I do not believe that you are able to turn off the fakesmc in the multibeast I just cannot uncheck this checkbox how you did that? Also I had to add usb3 and appleintel driver otherwise the ethernet is not there. And without npci=0x2000 I'm not able to boot at all. The only problem is waking from deep sleep (where cpu and all peripherals turns off)

hm I do not believe that you are able to turn off the fakesmc in the multibeast I just cannot uncheck this checkbox how you did that? Also I had to add usb3 and appleintel driver otherwise the ethernet is not there. And without npci=0x2000 I'm not able to boot at all. The only problem is waking from deep sleep (where cpu and all peripherals turns off)

Not sure how you're getting deep sleep working, are you using sleepenabler?
Try adding these boot flags: -gux_nosleep -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle
Nothing wrong with having npci=0x2000.

When I press sleep button within 10 seconds the pc completely turns off its peripherals funs etc. But when I start it up again (with powerbutton) display (nvidia) is not coming back (USB seems to wake up). Even with those switches. Any tips?

I don't know what really it change but it works perfectly on mine with 6,1 profile.
make a clone and try to see..

also you can change the profile with chameleon wizard.

Thanks! I might try that soon. Im not home right now, but I will report back if it works! : )

Thank you Alex! I`ll try that today. I`ve noticed your making a hackintosh for music production also. Do you have a place I can listen? PM the link! (Don't want to go off topic on here) :D

(EDIT)<UPDATE>

Still no luck without booting in safe mode.

Also at the beginning of installing Mavericks I can not enter the USB without going in with safe mode.

(EDIT)<UPDATE 2>

Success! :D:D:D The issue was "Missing Bluetooth Controller transport" which I found by booting in -v. After researching I tried the boot code dart=0 and was able to boot without safe mode. Researched exactly what dart=0 does and found out that it disables VT-x/VT-d. Luckily I was able to disable VT-x/VT-d in the BIOS. Works perfectly now except for the need to boot from the USB.

Hopefully this helps someone problem solve and thanks Tony & everyone!!

Glad to hear that you solved it! You need to have 75 posts before you can use private messages, but you can reach me on Alexo1005@hotmail.com :D

alexx - when you do sleep - does it wake up?

for those who cannot make it bootable I'm recommending to install Clover EFI boot

@festr2 have you tried adding darkwake=0 to your kernel flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back