Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I have tried the darkware=0 before without success but now it works. Thank you! I also disabled this
pmset -a hibernatemode 0

I have done more tests with the sleeping. If I wake up immediately (or within minutes) it just wake up. But when I wake up after 4 hours (it happened once) the mainboard was repeatedly restarting power like it want boot anymore so I just had to switch off power. I have also tried classic hibernation to file but the clover efi boot recognized it is hibernated but after 5 second it went to clover boot again without any debug message etc. So the question - anyone with working hibernation on x99?

I have done more tests with the sleeping. If I wake up immediately (or within minutes) it just wake up. But when I wake up after 4 hours (it happened once) the mainboard was repeatedly restarting power like it want boot anymore so I just had to switch off power. I have also tried classic hibernation to file but the clover efi boot recognized it is hibernated but after 5 second it went to clover boot again without any debug message etc. So the question - anyone with working hibernation on x99?

Clover has problems with hibernation in general right now. On all my computers (including my MBP with Clover), trying to wake from hibernation results in the same symptoms you just described.

Clover has problems with hibernation in general right now. On all my computers (including my MBP with Clover), trying to wake from hibernation results in the same symptoms you just described.

I did not managed anything else but the Clover to boot windows / macos on one SSD disk. Any alternatives to Clover but still EFI ?

I did not managed anything else but the Clover to boot windows / macos on one SSD disk. Any alternatives to Clover but still EFI ?

Nope. There's Osmosis, but that's probably not something you want to mess with. It involves adding the bootloader and kexts to the BIOS itself which is not only a PITA but it's nowhere near as flexible as Clover. It's also not something that should be done on a board without dual BIOS. It's also outdated and hasn't been tested on X99. I would just stick with Clover and either deal with not having hibernation or hope that the devs figure it out soon. It doesn't really bother me personally.

Hi, i''m new to "hackintosh", I've have a working system now except that the bootloader from multibeast wont work(Wont load at all when trying to boot the disk). To get to OS X i have to use my Unibeast mem and customs kexts wont load.

Ideas ?

Hi, i''m new to "hackintosh", I've have a working system now except that the bootloader from multibeast wont work(Wont load at all when trying to boot the disk). To get to OS X i have to use my Unibeast mem and customs kexts wont load.

Ideas ?

I have the exact same problem which I solved by installing Clover bootloader instead. But I'm curious why the multibeast and its bootloader does not work for some.

There is a way to chainload another bootloader from Clover. I forget how to do it, but that might be temporary workaround for Chimera/Chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back